Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Default Growing pages & text boxes

I'm probably looking using the wrong terminology, but I haven't found a result on this topic. Can the frames that make up a text box or page "grow down" automatically to contain all the copy & elements I add to the space? I've looked through the manual and searched here, but haven't found how to do it yet (if available.)

Thanks for any tips.

Default Re: Growing pages & text boxes

There are two settings you can play with.

These work for both Text Columns and Text Areas. Of these, the lowest maintenance one is the Text Column.

The key setting is Push.
    As text grows down and approaches the bottom of the page, it will force the Page height to extend.
    If you delete text, the Page height reduces.

To prevent the text hitting the buffers, I usually have a Footer in place also set to Push.

The second setting is Auto-fit to Page.
    It sort of works with the Page being the controlling element.

If you leave it as Automatic Fit, the reduction of height moves the Text blocks up but the lengthening just keeps all in place but you have a deeper gap at the bottom.
    The trick is to set the elements to a specific location.
    I suggest Vertical Bottom is what you need to try.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Default Re: Growing pages & text boxes

Thanks, Acorn. That's exactly what I wanted. Have a great day!