Hello and happy Friday.

A question for anyone who has delved into the innerworkings of the retina images option and how it relates to Xara’s JavaScript. I have done a bit of experimenting and perhaps have isolated how it works, but I would like to get confirmation, if possible.

The quick background: I am generating some of my images outside of WDP, storing them in a subdirectory of index_htm_files (generated by the software), and requesting them on the WDP page using HTML placeholders. (The quality of the particular images is better this way. I have tried using a higher DPI setting in WDP, but it doesn’t produce the clarity I want.) The problem is that the retina image option is obviously not available; so, I would like to induce it manually.

From my exploration, it appears that the retina images are called by a function (xr_retina) located in roe.js which automatically alters the requested filename by suffixing “@2” if the conditions are met. It also appears that the only thing necessary to invoke the retina image is the assignment to it of an additional class, “xr_rn_” in the HTML code.

Has anyone attempted to do this, and if so, could you please advise if it is correct that to accomplish the retina image manually, I need only assign the additional class and generate and store the higher quality (@2) image in addition to the original?

Any help is greatly appreciated.