Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Bug with Boxes and Tables

So in this video I am trying to start the box right under the tables boarders but it grabs it and I can not draw the box. It actually moves the table.

https://youtu.be/k7TMH49zGxw

Default Re: Bug with Boxes and Tables

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    So in this video I am trying to start the box right under the tables boarders but it grabs it and I can not draw the box. It actually moves the table.
    https://youtu.be/k7TMH49zGxw
    basically, when there is an unselected Smart Table and you have selected any of (rectangle, Ellipse, QuickShape) Tools, the point icon changes from the selected Tool to a Move icon and the Table control appear n the move action.

This happens because Xara overloaded the QuickShape Tool when it invented SmartShapes. All three Tools use the same underlying code as a Box is an Ellipse with no curve applied is a QuickShape with 4 vertices.

Just create the box from the bottom up, dragging your pointer into the table.

It is another case of unintended consequences.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Bug with Boxes and Tables

So knowledgeable thanks. There is always a way around things in xara, isn't there, therefore no need to call it a bug?

Lightbulb Re: Bug with Boxes and Tables

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    So knowledgeable thanks. There is always a way around things in xara, isn't there, therefore no need to call it a bug?
    It is an Edge Case.
    In some jobs, I would be required to flag it as a Defect.

Acorn

A candidate User Story that defines your frustration might be:

Given there is a selectable Smart Table on the page
    And no Objects are selected
    And the Rectangle Tool is active
    When an editor "draws" a box
    And the start point is on top of the Smart Table
    Then a Box is created and added to the page
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat