Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What would cause this? The Preview in Browser opens the "Save as" window to open.

I'm at a loss on this one. When I open to preview the page, the preview window opens up just fine, but when I click to open the preview in the browser it opens a new tab [blank] and the "Save as" window pops up in front of the new blank tab. It has the website page name filled into the File Name entry box as well. What's even more confusing is that not all of the pages on this website do this. Many of my earlier pages preview as they should. Which tells me that this must have started on one page and continued because when I add a page it brings it to the new pages. I have looked through the website's options and properties, but I do see anything that is causing this. Can anyone help me with this, please??Thank you.

Default Re: What would cause this? The Preview in Browser opens the "Save as" window to open.

Quote Originally Posted by marjorie View Post
    I'm at a loss on this one. When I open to preview the page, the preview window opens up just fine, but when I click to open the preview in the browser it opens a new tab [blank] and the "Save as" window pops up in front of the new blank tab. It has the website page name filled into the File Name entry box as well. What's even more confusing is that not all of the pages on this website do this. Many of my earlier pages preview as they should. Which tells me that this must have started on one page and continued because when I add a page it brings it to the new pages. I have looked through the website's options and properties, but I do see anything that is causing this. Can anyone help me with this, please??Thank you.
    marjorie, it will be tricky.

Such a happening is usually where you have added code (Placeholders) and not terminated it properly or even through a simply typo.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: What would cause this? The Preview in Browser opens the "Save as" window to open.

I was wondering if that's happened, but I was hoping it would be easy to find. Thank you, I will do some digging.