Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My issue is just what the topic said..No matter what I do the first button in the nav bar looks like its 'on' Anyone have any clue?

Jen

My issue is just what the topic said..No matter what I do the first button in the nav bar looks like its 'on' Anyone have any clue?

Jen

Jen:
    I also get this same error. I am constructing one button for a web page <BACK> . After saving and loading it is always on without any mouseover action. Preview gives the same error.
    I have deleted and reconstructed the button. I have deleted the folder, restarted the computer, restarted the program with the same error. Nothing is in the faq or in the online help about this problem.
    My next step is to delete the program and reinstall then wait for the cd to arrive as a last resort.
    XP Home 2.6 mhz, 512 ram, download version after purchase.

XARA help!

irpresley

I have found that all of the gifs are generated, but only one js file.
    Does xara tech support have a solution?

jpresley

I noticed that as well. My problem was the menu is in frames and the page linked to the first button isn't the one I load first.

There is a line in the script

pick("button_name");

which indicates which button is to be loaded in the over state. You can change the button name to load a different button.

Also, I experimented by deleting that line. The script then loads with all the buttons in the off state. I tested it in Explorer 6 and Netscape 7.1. There is no detrimental effect on the script.

However - I am not a javascript expert by any means and someone with much better knowledge should test this.

BGR Design

brian@bgrdesign.com

[This message was edited by Brianr on January 11, 2004 at 10:06.]

[This message was edited by Brianr on January 11, 2004 at 10:19.]

I have had the same problem.
    I had 2 horizontal navbars on the same page.
    One navbar had 4 navbuttons and the other had 3 navbuttons.
    The 4 navbuttons were in a horizontal cell, with the other 3 navbuttons in a horizontal cell directly below.
    I have put all 7 navbuttons in one horizontal cell, and this works.
    I think this has to do with the XaraMenu file.
    When you produce navbars Xara automatically places a XaraMenu file in the top directory. Therefore if you have 2 navbars on the same page you should have 2 XaraMenu files, but of course the latest will overwrite the earlier version.
    I believe this is the cause of the problem

I am having the same problem but I do not find the word 'pick' in the javascript file at all. I have looked over the file but cannot find the piece of code that could possibly be causing the problem. By the way, it only happens on my home page (default2.asp right now while in development). All other pages display the menu properly (e.g., no 'on' state for any buttons until you actually mouse over them). Any help would be greatly appreciated. It would be nice if Xara would respond.

Webstyle 4 provides a mouse 0ver and Mouse on state. If a button is linked to the url address of the web page on which it is being viewed then the button will display in its mouse over state.

As an example, assume you have a 3 page web consisting of index.htm, page1.htm and page2.htm. You have created a navbar consisting of 3 buttons named index linked to index.htm, page1 linked to page1.htm and page2 linked to page2.htm and have inserted this navbar within your web pages.

When you go to index.htm, as the button named index is linked to this address it will display in its mouse over state. Clicking on page1 button will take you to page1.htm and this time the button page1 will be in its mouse over state thus displaying the button as selected.

This is the manner in which navbars have been implemented in Webstyle 4.

If you are finding that a button is being displayed as selected when it should not be then please include the url address of where the problem can be viewed

Thank you

The first button is ALWAYS in the mouse over state. Go here http://www.alonestarjewelry.com/customerservice.asp, you will see that the first menu item is in the mouse over state, yet that is NOT the page you are viewing, as a matter of fact, that page doesn't even exist yet. Then if you click on one of the other menu links from the customerservice.asp page, the first menu choice remains in the mouse over state. That is not normal behaviour, according to your note. Thank you for your help.

Lisa

Hi lisa, can you start Webstlye 4 and click on the about button please and let us know the date displayed?

Thanks