Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upgrade from XWD 16 to XWD 17 ?

Hello.
    Another qusetion to all you guys.
    Are you upgraded from 16 to 17 version ?
    is it worth it ?
    Is there some big enhancement so important that you already noticed and use, and that I need to upgrade ?

Thank you.

Default Re: Upgrade from XWD 16 to XWD 17 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dencuga View Post
    Hello.
    Another qusetion to all you guys.
    Are you upgraded from 16 to 17 version ?
    is it worth it ?
    Is there some big enhancement so important that you already noticed and use, and that I need to upgrade ?

Thank you.
    Dencuga, frankly, no. Xara admitted as much when it revealed its contract with Magix is to release a major version number, each and every rear, regardless of capability improvement. A purely futile marketing exploitation.

Each and every one of us therefore has to assess what has been offered up and if that thing is vital to your work.

In your case of the Xara Slideshow Widget, I would jump ship to another slider and forgo the cost of an upgrade until something important is released.
    In doing so, you will eventually lose access to the Online Content Catalogue (OCC) and the Xara On-line service (hosting the Widget) when the Update Service expires.

The most important thing you must do is Download All, the available OCC contents before that time.

At this point I would normally extol the virtues of the Xara Cloud+ / Design Pro+ bundle offer (half-price for a year) but I have asked in the Dear Xara... Forum if the Xara Slideshow Widget is properly support outwith Xara On-line service.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat