Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Other than XnView, any Media Manager (with tagging) capable of displaying .XAR files?

Hi,

Other than XnViewMP, by chance do you know any Media Manager (with tagging/categorization) capable of displaying .XAR files?

I tried Adobe Bridge and ACDSee, but they can't display .XAR. Or if anyone has a workaround to force the .XAR display on those, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Carlos

Default Re: Other than XnView, any Media Manager (with tagging) capable of displaying .XAR fi

Explorer also displays * .xar files in windows 10.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	win10.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	127609

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

Default Re: Other than XnView, any Media Manager (with tagging) capable of displaying .XAR fi

Thanks for the feedback @Spamiky.
    The issue with Explorer is that one can only display thumbnails, but not catalog/tag the files.
    Some time ago Xara deprecated the "Local Designs Gallery" search capabilities.
    I started using XnViewMP as a replacement to the XDP's "Local Designs Gallery", having the advantage of its catalog/tag system.
    I'd recommend Xara's users to take a look at XnViewMP, since it can also display thumbnails and preview hundreds of image(raster and vector)/video/audio formats.
    Cheers!

Little OT,

and really not so important, but it would be nice if you could go through xara pages like the little pdf preview in the explorer.

;-)

regards
    reinhard
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.