Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: APP maker

Default APP maker

Is it possible to make an APP in xara...... or am I just expecting to much ...lol
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Default Re: APP maker

Quote Originally Posted by mikerawlinson View Post
    Is it possible to make an APP in xara...... or am I just expecting to much ...lol
    Anything is possible. In a Xara Desktop application (XDA) [XDA is not Xara is not XDA], you would need to bolt in a Babbage Difference Engine.
    What flavour do you want?

How do you want to store persistent data as the XDA only generates stateless code?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Mike, what kind of app do you have in mind? My guess is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Anything is possible
    Acorn
    I agree with that.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

sounds like a question for pauland, as I recall he designs apps, but not with xara - there is at lest one thread, but sorry I don't have a link, maybe google will find it

you would need to bolt in a Babbage Difference Engine.

Acorn
    when you do this, make sure you know the dfifference between BSW and ISO threads....

I also have to point out that 'XDA' does not mean xara anything exclusively, for example:: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....play&hl=en_US
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I also have to point out that 'XDA' does not mean xara anything exclusively, for example:: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....play&hl=en_US
    Clearly, for Babbage, BSW is all and the DE's ultimate downfall; ISO didn't exist.

Context is everything. In the arena of TG, XDA is my call on the grouping of applications that work as an installation onto a Windows OS machine so Xara.XDA & TG.XDA should be acceptable until to look into TG as an acronym itself. So we have Xara.TG.XDA. Once the acronym length approaches the message you have achieved random.

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/XDA

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by mikerawlinson View Post
    what I have seen actually, is several people and companies make a mobile website vs an app. If you have a good responsive website, you can make a mobile variant that mimics an app and people will think their in an app without installing anything on their phones, and no google/apple clearance needed lmao

...ISO didn't exist
    exactly the point I was making

Context is everything
    as in 'anything is possible'.... [I do appreciate you were likely being ironic...]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'm guessing its a NO....but your right drtechnology.

Thanks anyway
    Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

If you need help with an app check with Paul Andrews (pauland) http://www.ipauland.com/