Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Headers and Footers Xara DTP

Hi

Can anyone let me know on how to go about creating headers and footers in xara desktop publishing page (NOT a webpage).

I am trying to create a e-book but I want the title of the book to appear in the center of each page at the top. In most other application you would select the header and footer option and select what you want. How do u do this in Xara Pro Designer X17?

Or do I to have create a text box on my own and type the authors name and place it in the center and repeat this on all pages of the book? or is there a better way of doing this?

Any advise much appreciated.

Strange if you look at the comparison of features of Xara Page Layout software specially for DTP everything you can do in Page Layout you are able to do in Pro X17...but puzzles me is that there is no basic option to set the headers and footers which is one of the most common thing you would do on any book, magazine or newsletter publishing unless of course I am not looking at the right for it!

Help!
    Best Rgds
    Kish

Default Re: Headers and Footers Xara DTP

xara does not do master pages [yes we have asked but....] and so AFAIK it does not do headers and footers in the DTP sense, but someone may know better
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

You can designate text or a graphic as a Repeating Object. Right click on the object and select Repeating Object > Repeat on All Pages.

This places the repeating object on all pages in the exact same position. If you don't want the repeating objects on some pages then select the repeating object and press Delete. Xara will ask if you want to delete the object on all pages or just the selected page.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You can designate text or a graphic as a Repeating Object. Right click on the object and select Repeating Object > Repeat on All Pages.

This places the repeating object on all pages in the exact same position. If you don't want the repeating objects on some pages then select the repeating object and press Delete. Xara will ask if you want to delete the object on all pages or just the selected page.
    In addition, you use Auto-fit to Page > Top + Centre and Bottom + Centre to ensure if you stretch your page, the Header and Footer stay in place.

Less important if you have a fixed height document.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Dear Gary

Thanks for the response. In fact what you said regarding repeating objects was what I had in mind from the start. I was trying to find out if that was best way of doing this. So I will do as what you have suggested.

Thanks alot....you are all at Talkgraphics.com are Magic...wow with so much experience helping ignorant dudes like us to get on track with this product.
    Kudos! to you all who are doing moderator functions and members who take the trouble to answer simple queries which you may have answered many hundreds of times. Help rendered much appreciated.

Dear "Acorn"

Thanks for your reply adding on what Gary mentioned earlier. Will keep it mind what you suggested for non fixed pages.

Best Rgds
    Kish