Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Designer Pro+ Update 20.2.0.59767

Small ish update but lots in the work to come soon.

Date: 5th August 2020
    Version Number: 20.2.0.59767

Article here: https://help-cloud-plus.xara.com/art...on-20-2-update

Release notes: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro-plus/

What's new

Table of Content (TOC) Improvements
    The TOC has been improved to incorporate our recent changes with tab leaders. Now you can apply and control the tab leaders in your TOC from the properties panel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tocdialog.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	127578

After adding page numbers, you can set the tab characters for up to 3 levels and their spacing between the characters. Any level after 3 will inherit the values of the 3rd level. You can also finely control the tab characters from the Tab Leaders dialog or Advanced Text toolbar.

Demo Mode
    Previously, after the 14 day trial, you were not able to open or use Designer Pro+. We've now added a demo mode for when trials have expired or for free users. In the demo mode you won't be able to export or save your documents, but you can still try out and use most of features of Designer Pro+

Table Improvements
    We've added a number of fixes and reliability improvements to our tables, and now included the ability to tab and shift + tab between cells. If you reach the end of the last row and press tab, a new row is inserted below also.

Bug fixes and improvements
    • Fixed an issue which caused the upgrade button to not scale properly with large resolution / DPI screens
    • Fixed an issue which caused words in the Bitmap Tracer dialog to be truncated
    • Improved performance when importing PDF's with certain clipping paths
    • Certain dialog text have been improved for high DPI screens
    • Fixed an issue which caused rotate / scale handles to be missing for upright photos
    • Fixed an issue which caused images with pop-up applied to be opened directly
    • Fixed an issue which caused CMYK color editor fields to be mis-aligned
    • Fixed an issue which caused the data input field to be re-positioned after a text style update
    • Fixed an issue which caused the window to not restore maximised on a 4K screen.

Edit - If anyone has an expired trial and wants to to try DP+ again, feel free to drop us a message on Intercom - https://cloud.ixara.com and we can reset this for you. also if you haven’t installed DP+ and want to give it a try, here is the link. https://xara.com/pro-plus-download/
    Last edited by Rob-Xar; 05 August 2020 at 05:08 PM.

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro+ Update 20.2.0.59767

Sure would be nice to see some improvements added to Designer Pro X.

Rob, thank you.

Usual Question. Where do i get the updated PDF version of the Xara Pro+ Manual from?

Release Notes. Show us how quickly you can re-publish the Release Notes to be in Sub-version and release date order.
    The worth of the PDF Download and your publishing cycle is worthy of praise and a quick demo.

Demo Mode. A very important position to allow people to play with Pro+.
    I take it there is nothing to stop people using Pro+ in Demo Mode and Copying & Pasting into earlier versions?
    I know some features will not be editable...

Table Improvements. Useful but now I have three modes for using Tabbed data and the Tab Key. What you have just introduced. The pasted of TSV data into a Cell extends columns to the right to ensure all data fits. Highlighting the contents (why Ctrl+L?) of a Cell will accept the contents of a TSV Paste; a blank Cell will not. You need to include a character, select it or EOL, paste and then delete the Newline if the EOL was not selected as well.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Malwarebytes identifies the update as malware and sandboxes it. Have to quit Malwarebytes, update and restart malwarebytes.

I may be a bit out of touch but what the hell is Xara Designer Pro+ and how is that different to Xara Designer ProX, the + and X aside that is? Also, why is it different, assuming it is, to Xara Designer ProX, or do we need to run two lots of software to get the set? I was of the understanding that spending however much per year I spend for the occasional update to XDProX was all I need to do to get the best functionality of Xara.

pro+ is a subscription only program that is distributed directly by Xara - it mirrors the magix distributed pro, but is in the fast track for updates [eg 4K capability] - but emphasise subscription only - ie you have to keep paying

it integrates with xara cloud
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Info Re: Xara Designer Pro+ Update 20.2.0.59767

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    I may be a bit out of touch but what the hell is Xara Designer Pro+ and how is that different to Xara Designer ProX, the + and X aside that is? Also, why is it different, assuming it is, to Xara Designer ProX, or do we need to run two lots of software to get the set? I was of the understanding that spending however much per year I spend for the occasional update to XDProX was all I need to do to get the best functionality of Xara.
    masque, read my Thread https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Xara-Pro-Combo.

Your spend does get the best but slower as this is a contract with Magix to eek things out to get you to you pay up every renewal.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Designer Pro is just the layout version of Xara, right? I get confused with these various versions.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Quote Originally Posted by hseiken View Post
    Designer Pro is just the layout version of Xara, right? I get confused with these various versions.
    No. XDPX is the Xara Flagship product. It does everything.
    Sticky: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Update-Service.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 09 August 2020 at 08:01 PM.

This is to Xara, Can you change the name of your program so it is not so confusing? Something like Mama Xara or something else other than , cloud, +, - , pro, not pro, etc....?