Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xara as a DTP

Default Re: Xara as a DTP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Kudos ernie.
    For those interested my hourly rate is £50 and I accept commissions where I will negotiate.

I rarely do freebies and prefer to explain a technique so you can learn from it and develop in ways unimagined. Otherwise, you end up with endless requests to alter/tweak/redesign it all over, all for free.

Acorn

Right point of view.
    I’m happy to help, but when it comes to something you can learn for yourself, I’m not willing to do a job for someone else for nothing.

I live on what I do. It secures my livelihood.

Look at this link and mouse over Tutorials to see a listing of excellent tutorials. There is one on typesetting and a couple on page design that can help you.

Overall, XaraXhris has a series of excellent YouTube tutorials on using Xara Designer Pro X.

And there are also tutorials on XaraXone.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Look at this link and mouse over Tutorials to see a listing of excellent tutorials. There is one on typesetting and a couple on page design that can help you.

Overall, XaraXhris has a series of excellent YouTube tutorials on using Xara Designer Pro X.

And there are also tutorials on XaraXone.
    Thanks a lot will look into these links. Much appreciated.

My Xara based DTPing is pretty straight forward. I use standard two column layout with border art, full page art, half page art, quarter page art, white background with black text around 11 point so as not to be too small, easily readable. Because Xara isn't a full DTP program, I place in page numbers manually. I primarily design for PDF, but sometimes the PDF is specifcally optimized for print, and then I use PDF/x1a format at 300 dpi and printers marks. Here's a free tabletop roleplaying game adventure module I created using Xara, and is what my typical product looks like. You can download it here, though you may have to create a customer account to get it - it's FREE.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...erm=rude+awake