Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fuzzy, unsharp website

I'm wondering why photos are unsharp in the preview (I haven't tried publishing yet, and I'm afraid they will be unsharp there too). Some text is not as sharp as what appears in WebDesigner either. Does Xara WD Pro 17 do some sort of manipulation of the image before publishing and is there some way to stop it? Gratzie!

Mike
    Xara WebDesigner Pro 17

Default Re: Fuzzy, unsharp website

Oops, Never mind! I think what is happening is XWDP is reducing the size of the image to the object, or container, size. So a photo that might be 700 px wide is fitting into a container that is just 240 px wide. I think WDP is resizing or optimizing the image to reduce its size (even though I haven't asked the program to "Optimize" the photo). I was expecting the higher rez image to simply zoom with the larger page (page is larger than design page width). I don't suppose there is any way for WDP to not do this.

glad you got it sorted out.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by onthedot View Post
    I'm wondering why photos are unsharp in the preview (I haven't tried publishing yet, and I'm afraid they will be unsharp there too). Some text is not as sharp as what appears in WebDesigner either. Does Xara WD Pro 17 do some sort of manipulation of the image before publishing and is there some way to stop it? Gratzie!

Mike
    Xara WebDesigner Pro 17
    Mike, I would check you are not Grouping yout text with anything as it then becomes a "fuzzy" image that will scale badly.

On general image rendering, I have created a separate Thread covering this topic: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Picture-Holder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat