Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default xara upload and filezilla

So I am wondering, If I output my website to a folder from xara and use filezilla to upload to my host. Can I later use xara built in upload from then on?
    Also would going back and forth between the two programs cause any problems.

Default Re: xara upload and filezilla

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    So I am wondering, If I output my website to a folder from xara and use filezilla to upload to my host. Can I later use xara built in upload from then on?
    Also would going back and forth between the two programs cause any problems.
    Both upload to the same location so no.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not sure because Xara creates a file and then checks the file the next time you upload to see what has changed and makes only those changes. At least that is how I think it is supposed to work. So, if you make changes and upload with Filezilla, then the next time you upload from Xara, it is going to redo all the previous changes it finds in the Filezilla upload.

So, my best guess is you are better off being consistent.

My 2 cents...I've uploaded via Xara and FileZilla for various different reasons. I've added extra files via FZ and then uploaded Xara to the same folder (forms and the like).

I've also deleted whole sites via FZ and then re-uploaded the same, fresh, files via Xara. This Xara gets confused about, spending more than a little time trying to delete files that aren't there for some reason. But never have I come a cropper from flippantly throwing files around or mixing and matching between FZ and Xara. I've even uploaded files via cPanel when away from my work horse, but that's slow, awkward and painful if you aren't used to it (I'm not).

In a nutshell, yes, you can uploaded via Xara, then upload via FZ, then upload with Xara again without any real issue. The only thing that comes to mind is the Xara taking a while saying it's deleting files that I have previously deleted. Still fine in the end though.

Ditto, used all 3 methods.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

From your experiences do you think uploading to server via filez is faster than xara?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    From your experiences do you think uploading to server via filez is faster than xara?
    If you are uploading to a Xara online site (Magix M) then probably not.
    If a separate domain than h**l yes. The first took 12+ hours, the second, 10 minutes. Really helpful when you have a client on the blower.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat