Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Give it a break Magix!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Which is good for you. Flip it around. Why would a Magix product user get a Xara promotion on start-up?

Acorn
    Acorn,

I just remembered that I wanted to reply to your comment.

A Magix movie editor (Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium and Video Pro X) user would be interested in Xara because Xara is embedded in the movie editors:

https://youtu.be/rFnM5YdPEGk

not to mention that a version of Xara Xtreme (not stand-alone) comes with the video editors along with a bunch of XAR templates for creating DVD labels and jewel cases; Xara 3D Maker also comes with both products along with about a hundred premade titles - change text only in Movie Edit Pro, full version with Video Pro X, and the capability to completely modify DVD/BR menus using psd files sent to and from Xara.

From the Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium and Video Pro X manuals:
    "Designing effect masks with Xara Designer
    You can also create animated effect masks in Flash format to adjust the effect regulation to the moving video images. To do this you will need to have either Xara Photo & Graphics Designer 2013 (or newer) or Xara Designer Pro X (or newer) installed on your computer."

"Create overlay graphic/animation
    Create vector graphics or animations in an external editor such as Xara Designer Pro in order to use them as overlay objects in MAGIX Movie Edit Pro. A typical use scenario would be to draw an object in order to darken certain portions of the video, such as a black bar to cover a person's eyes. Overlay objects aren't bound to the source material by grouping. They can me moved and edited as you please.
    Note: This menu will appear only when a corresponding graphics program is installed on your PC."

"The additional options in the "Share" menu vary depending on the installed software. For example, you can edit photos or graphics in Xara Web Designer or Xara Photo & Graphic Designer,..."

Video Pro X only:
    "Edit DVD menus with Xara Xtreme Pro or Photoshop"
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I have magix music maker [which you got a free trial of with xara not so long ago] and sound forge

I might be interested in the samplitude version that magix are touting in this popup, but at present the other two programs do what I need

although MMaker went through a flaky stage, it is currently very well behaved, sound forge too, neither cause the irritation that the xara programs can cause

creating sound tracks [which is what I use them for] goes hand in hand with video and therefore websites I would have thought, but who am I to say....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@browj2, John, each and every time starting the application?

Outside of the Update Service, everything Magix forces on the hapless Customer is crippleware-centric.

I no longer care as I have blocked all such noise out, point the naff links to somewhere more useful and, importantly, rarely use the Magix-wrapped XDAs other than for TG support and the necessary Bug avoidance. Instead, I jumped into Xara Cloud+ and I am not regretting it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@Acorn,
    I'm feeling left out. The only thing that I get is the nag message that the update service period has expired. Strange (maybe not) that the message cannot be turned off.

I do get a bottom right popup from Magix every time that I boot. This is due to the Update Notifier. Everyone should check the hidden icons tray to see if it's there. If so, you can either remove Update Notifier through the normal Windows Apps method, or open it and go to Info Channels tab and disable everything for which you do not want to be notified.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Update Notifier.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	127597

For me, I am nagged with two windows that pop up every time that I open Video Pro X, one telling me about the new version and the other asking me to renew my Update Service. Checking the box on both to not show again does nothing, so I understand the frustration.

I forgot to mention that I have Xara as the default external photo editor in Video Pro X. I usually edit my photos before bringing them into the video editor, but sometimes something extra needs to be done, like getting rid of a powerline or a garbage bin. I have PaintShop Pro as the Xara bitmap editor, so I go from VPX to Xara to PSP, edit, exit, exit, done.

@handrawn
    Music Maker is free and the 64 bit version is out; simply activate older versions of Premium or Plus to get their features and instruments; and/or purchase new Premium or Plus to get new features, instruments and Soundpools rather than pay à la carte. Don't go there for another month or so. It's worse than flaky and Magix is working hard on fixes (catching up to marketing). Samplitude Music Studio has great features not in Music Maker. I have Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, but I use mostly Music Maker for creating short music parts for videos. Unless you need some of the additional features of Samplitude Music Studio, stick with Music Maker. I have well over a hundred Soundpools, most instruments, and the new Song Maker in Music Maker Premium is a big step ahead. BTW, Music Maker (MM) integrates with Movie Edit Pro (MEP) very nicely, allowing you to go from MEP (sends video and audio) to MM, add music, sound FX, etc., and send the resulting audio straight back to the video timeline. I did a tutorial on this.

So, for a complete one-person show, with Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium or Video Pro X, Xara DPX, and Music Maker, you can do almost everything that you need.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

edit - this isf@ acorn:

magix is a whole load more than just xara

magix provide some very upmarket studio quality audio kit

no they do not do this sort of thing with those programs

maybe it is a measure of how low in their esteem the xara programs are that they do this

---------------

@ John - I love the magix music programs that I use; they provide me with a way to make [instrumental] sound tracks without hassle

I use music maker mostly for laying down VST instrument tracks with a MIDI keyboard controller..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...