Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Give it a break Magix!

All of a sudden WDP17 pops up this bit of marketing subtlety.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_092342.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	127484

Default Re: Give it a break Magix!

I don't mind it. I like to see what the company is doing. It was surprising though.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Most software companies allow one to work without these intrusive adverts...Magix, however, needs all the exposure it can get.
    This is unacceptable and Xara ought not to be associated with this spammy behaviour - besides which, the graphic is awful and generic to boot.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I Love it

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_092342.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	127484
    Thanks for posting that. I wondered what the heck it was. Popped up in a totally new window as well. If Magix is going to do this why not just a pic in the program window.
    W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

It is not xara-program specific advertising; it is run by a seperate utility that is triggered when you open a magix program; that is my understanding anyway
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

There is a means to block the nags but you need to check the downside too: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...424#post626424.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I should mention that I like Magix products and have many of them, so it is a good way for me to conveniently learn more about what is available.

Quote Originally Posted by onthedot View Post
    I should mention that I like Magix products and have many of them, so it is a good way for me to conveniently learn more about what is available.
    Which is good for you. Flip it around. Why would a Magix product user get a Xara promotion on start-up?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by onthedot View Post
    I don't know why I would be interested in more Magix programs when they can't get Web Designer Premium 17, which I've already bought, to work. July 25th and counting. Many suggestions of outdated fixes which are no longer available or just don't work.