@Acorn,
I'm feeling left out. The only thing that I get is the nag message that the update service period has expired. Strange (maybe not) that the message cannot be turned off.

I do get a bottom right popup from Magix every time that I boot. This is due to the Update Notifier. Everyone should check the hidden icons tray to see if it's there. If so, you can either remove Update Notifier through the normal Windows Apps method, or open it and go to Info Channels tab and disable everything for which you do not want to be notified.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Update Notifier.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	127597

For me, I am nagged with two windows that pop up every time that I open Video Pro X, one telling me about the new version and the other asking me to renew my Update Service. Checking the box on both to not show again does nothing, so I understand the frustration.

I forgot to mention that I have Xara as the default external photo editor in Video Pro X. I usually edit my photos before bringing them into the video editor, but sometimes something extra needs to be done, like getting rid of a powerline or a garbage bin. I have PaintShop Pro as the Xara bitmap editor, so I go from VPX to Xara to PSP, edit, exit, exit, done.

@handrawn
Music Maker is free and the 64 bit version is out; simply activate older versions of Premium or Plus to get their features and instruments; and/or purchase new Premium or Plus to get new features, instruments and Soundpools rather than pay à la carte. Don't go there for another month or so. It's worse than flaky and Magix is working hard on fixes (catching up to marketing). Samplitude Music Studio has great features not in Music Maker. I have Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, but I use mostly Music Maker for creating short music parts for videos. Unless you need some of the additional features of Samplitude Music Studio, stick with Music Maker. I have well over a hundred Soundpools, most instruments, and the new Song Maker in Music Maker Premium is a big step ahead. BTW, Music Maker (MM) integrates with Movie Edit Pro (MEP) very nicely, allowing you to go from MEP (sends video and audio) to MM, add music, sound FX, etc., and send the resulting audio straight back to the video timeline. I did a tutorial on this.

So, for a complete one-person show, with Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium or Video Pro X, Xara DPX, and Music Maker, you can do almost everything that you need.