Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
Which is good for you. Flip it around. Why would a Magix product user get a Xara promotion on start-up?

Acorn
Acorn,

I just remembered that I wanted to reply to your comment.

A Magix movie editor (Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium and Video Pro X) user would be interested in Xara because Xara is embedded in the movie editors:

https://youtu.be/rFnM5YdPEGk

not to mention that a version of Xara Xtreme (not stand-alone) comes with the video editors along with a bunch of XAR templates for creating DVD labels and jewel cases; Xara 3D Maker also comes with both products along with about a hundred premade titles - change text only in Movie Edit Pro, full version with Video Pro X, and the capability to completely modify DVD/BR menus using psd files sent to and from Xara.

From the Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium and Video Pro X manuals:
"Designing effect masks with Xara Designer
You can also create animated effect masks in Flash format to adjust the effect regulation to the moving video images. To do this you will need to have either Xara Photo & Graphics Designer 2013 (or newer) or Xara Designer Pro X (or newer) installed on your computer."

"Create overlay graphic/animation
Create vector graphics or animations in an external editor such as Xara Designer Pro in order to use them as overlay objects in MAGIX Movie Edit Pro. A typical use scenario would be to draw an object in order to darken certain portions of the video, such as a black bar to cover a person's eyes. Overlay objects aren't bound to the source material by grouping. They can me moved and edited as you please.
Note: This menu will appear only when a corresponding graphics program is installed on your PC."

"The additional options in the "Share" menu vary depending on the installed software. For example, you can edit photos or graphics in Xara Web Designer or Xara Photo & Graphic Designer,..."

Video Pro X only:
"Edit DVD menus with Xara Xtreme Pro or Photoshop"