Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: JS Hamburger Menu (Acorn)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Ooh, I feel pretty pleased with myself. I was wandering down the same path, but couldn't put the ,.>$)( in their correct pigeon holes. What does the $ mean/do?
    The $ is an alias for jQuery.
    $('.yellow, .red, .green, .blue').hide(); is the dialog for find everything that has a ClassName of yellow, red, green or blue and then hide them.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Just add:
    Code:
    <script>
      $('.yellow, .red, .green, .blue').hide();
    </script>
    to Website Body (code).

Acorn
    Many thanks again Acorn - really enjoying learning about what JS can do.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have really enjoyed playing with design freedom that JS offers Being trying to get things like I want them for more than 2 days - it's been a case of 1 step forward and 2 steps back....
    I'm at the stage where I'm pretty happy with the way things work - but I cannot get COURSE LOG IN and APP LOG IN to work as links to other web addresses - I've used www.xara.com as an example. When I click on either of these buttons the menu just closes and I cannot for the life of me find the script/command that's making that happen.
    Not sure what I'm going to do about the menus sitting over the text though.... I'm starting to think about a horizontal menu bar......
    Many thanks,
    LGF

Attachment 127521

PS: The page is really a mess with the 1 menu showing on top of the other - could I put 1 menu on a separate layer and "call up" that layer when the menu button is selected?

Acorn could you or Chris or someone possibly help?

I can't tell you why, but if you change the Xara.com link to 'Not Specified' or '_Self' it works. I would guess the javascript is stopping the link opening a new tab. But like guessing that the panels need to start hidden, I may be right, but have no idea how to make it happen.

On a side note: your soft groups are not in a nice stack. Piling the contents of each group above each other makes the whole thing neater and easier to work with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SG1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	127525 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SG2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	127526

You mention thinking about a horizontal bar, that's the way I would go too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Acorn could you or Chris or someone possibly help?
    LGF, the somebody to help you has to be Xara!

In all versions prior to Xara Pro+v17, I can use the same construct as Xara; Link to: http://xara.com; Open link: New window, and everything works as expected. Not in Pro+.

UPDATE
    The code in the Website Body (code) and the subsequent function calls need to change the function from open() to something else; I have just used openSesame(chain) and all works as it should.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 01 August 2020 at 03:22 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Don't forget to add the 'Sesame' to your links as well.

Name:	Sesame.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	127541

Don't forget to add the 'Sesame' to your links as well.

Name:	Sesame.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	127541
    As in "the subsequent function calls", agreed.

Cheers,
    Acorn

Pretty comfortable with the theory now, although I don't claim to know 70% of the actual code.

I can dive in and change the speed of animation, toggle and slide, slideUp, hide and fade, but that's about it.

Link to my efforts < HERE > along with Acorn's code that makes it work.

And the .web for anyone who wants edit/add/expand the page.

Toggle.web
    Last edited by Chris M; 02 August 2020 at 03:17 AM. Reason: forgot to add the link

Link to my efforts < HERE > along with Acorn's code that makes it work.
    Chris, thanks. Made my day.

Acorn