Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Convert html to xara

Did not see too much when did search

I have a flash website I am converting to html 5 - before I do so is there a way to convert the flash or the html5 website if I convert to that, into xara so I can use it as a website in my xara Web Designewr premium? I am on v17, the latest just paid the year subscription 2 months ago or so.

Thanks

Info Re: Convert html to xara

Quote Originally Posted by drtechnology View Post
    Did not see too much when did search
    I have a flash website I am converting to html 5 - before I do so is there a way to convert the flash or the html5 website if I convert to that, into xara so I can use it as a website in my xara Web Designewr premium? I am on v17, the latest just paid the year subscription 2 months ago or so.
    Thanks
    Nope. The Xara Desktop approach is a visual design tool.

You can use File > Import from Website to get the text, images and layout of a single HTML page. It does not bring in any code at all.

It is not that hard to use this as a start but only refer to it for guidance. Create a new site from a blank sheet in XWDP, using its approach, and you can build up a better version quite quickly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Convert html to xara

Cool thx acorn. It was not as much the html as it was all the flash animation on the old site I had years ago I wanted to save. I know some companies can replicate it or convert to html 5 pretty easy thought it may be easier to import that as a xara file vs flash, as flash is outdated.

I guess I will just try to recreate it from scratch in Xara somehow. I have all the raw images and such already

There are utilities to convert Flash to HTML5, and this might be an option.

Flash had so much promise, it's really sad it's dead. Xara can create some pretty cool Flash animations which you could then use a converter to make into HTML5. If Egg sees this post perhaps he can suggest some conversion utilities and point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There are utilities to convert Flash to HTML5, and this might be an option.

Flash had so much promise, it's really sad it's dead. Xara can create some pretty cool Flash animations which you could then use a converter to make into HTML5. If Egg sees this post perhaps he can suggest some conversion utilities and point you in the right direction.
    The issue is this - I have a flash website - full of animation, from back in 2013-2015. It has some normal static text and pics but the whole top header is a flash movie complete with sound. Pages have some animated elements on them too that are flash. I was hoping I could either import the flash or convert to html5 and then import into Xara somehow and keep all the flash animations and sounds. That, IO am afraid, the more I research it and what Acorn said, looks to be a no go.

But thanks I will try and use the effects and html5 animations that come with Xara and recreate the animations to an extent if I can

Hi Dr.T

For a few years after the demise of Flash, Google had a fairly good conversion software called Swiffy. However they dropped this quite a while ago too, so it's no longer an option. So the basic truth is you're just going to have to rebuild the swf content anew. Can you supply a link to your current site so I can see what a rebuild would require?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg but site is been offline a while now, and I have no hosting atm...... so all good, I will just recreate in xara I do not need all that fancy sh*t anyways maybe go with a bit more sophisticated site lmao

You might look at some of the Web Animation Effects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animation Effects.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	127486  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You might look at some of the Web Animation Effects.
    Yes, use those a lot up to now - Love them!!!!! The flash site I had years ago was more like a cartoon movie if you will. Wasn't actual photos but drawings that came to life and did movements, twists, turns all in sequence and I mean if I did each line, each curve each letter and spent hours, days I could prolly get enough stacked effects on each piece to make it look somewhat similar but really I think it is just time to move on and not have as much going on lol. I appreciate the help - if there was a simple way to convert and do it sure, but seeing there is not a super easy n quick way I will just use some effects and do a simpler effect.

You should reach out to Salaam on here. He has done a lot with flash and has been looking at other ways to do animation. Maybe he has an idea for you to look into.

Ray