Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    868

    Default How to create a cookies banner....

    Hi all,
    OK I've created a new layer at the top of the p&l gallery with the elements on it - see below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cookies.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	127466
    The links to the privacy and cookies policies will go to one new page on the site - so far easy!
    Iv'e made this panel a web animation that fades in and checked the "once only" button, but it's a single scrolling page website and I can't get the panel to disappear once I scroll past it ( or select a new heading from the Menu) and then go back to top of page.
    Also how do I make this layer disappear when a user clicks the OK button? Should I put the button on a separate layer?....
    Thanks in advance guys...
    IP

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: How to create a cookies banner....

    Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Hi all,
    OK I've created a new layer at the top of the p&l gallery with the elements on it - see below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cookies.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	127466
    The links to the privacy and cookies policies will go to one new page on the site - so far easy!
    Iv'e made this panel a web animation that fades in and checked the "once only" button, but it's a single scrolling page website and I can't get the panel to disappear once I scroll past it ( or select a new heading from the Menu) and then go back to top of page.
    Also how do I make this layer disappear when a user clicks the OK button? Should I put the button on a separate layer?....
    Thanks in advance guys...
    You need to build the Cookie code to go with this otherwise the cookie banner will popup every time a visitor goes to the site. Personally, there is a much easier way using a cookie consent generator of which there are many. The one I use is this: https://www.websitepolicies.com/crea...consent-banner It's free!

    Gary
    IP

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    868

    Default Re: How to create a cookies banner....

    Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    You need to build the Cookie code to go with this otherwise the cookie banner will popup every time a visitor goes to the site. Personally, there is a much easier way using a cookie consent generator of which there are many. The one I use is this: https://www.websitepolicies.com/crea...consent-banner It's free!

    Gary
    Aaah... great! - many thanks Gary!
    IP

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Melfort, Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    476

    Default Re: How to create a cookies banner....

    Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Aaah... great! - many thanks Gary!
    Looks like I need a cookie banner on my websites. @letsgofishing and Gary. Did you use a simple placeholder for your code in the body, or is this in a header.
    Thanks
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Expresiv Designs.
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.
    IP

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW England
    Posts
    14,156

    Default Re: How to create a cookies banner....

    Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Looks like I need a cookie banner on my websites. @letsgofishing and Gary. Did you use a simple placeholder for your code in the body, or is this in a header.
    Thanks -Bill
    Bill, have a read over https://help.xara.com/article/446-ad...consent-banner.

    Acorn
    Acorn - installed and active Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+, XDPX, XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7, Xara Xtreme 5, back through time (to CC's Artworks).
    Raise software faults with MagiXara: http://support.magix.net/; if Cloud+/Pro+: https://xara.com/contact-us/
    IP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Melfort, Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    476

    Default Re: How to create a cookies banner....

    Awesome as usual @acorn. Appreciate that.
    Bill Wood
    Expresiv Designs.
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.
    IP

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: How to create a cookies banner....

    Looks like I need a cookie banner on my websites. @letsgofishing and Gary. Did you use a simple placeholder for your code in the body, or is this in a header.
    Simple placeholder at the bottom of the first page. It is free for as many times as you chose to use it, but I would take a look at Acorn's suggestion too.

    Gary
    IP

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •