Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Drop down arrow direction niggle.

@ LGF

The menu button you refer to (on the right hand side) was, as far as I can tell, placed in the JS LGF Mobile Menu XAR doc to demonstrate the problem you originally identified (at the beginning of this thread). That is: when you use a standard Xara submenu, from level 2 onwards you cannot remove the ">" at the beginning of each item name, or reverse its direction - this issue cannot easily be resolved (or at least I have not found a workaround yet). The menu button itself (in Acorn's example XAR) FWIW, is in part, a hamburger symbol offset vertically on a text line with an Fx wall shadow applied.

WRT to the original issue, I worked through Acorn's JS LGF example and created a vanilla edition to help with the understanding of how it works: The first picture shows two menus (refer to the XAR doc attached); the second picture shows that, in my example, there are 3 Javascript links, [1] opens (or makes the main menu visible), [3] opens the submenu and [2] a single button/ link closes both menus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JS - LGF Mobile JS Mobile Menu.PNG 
Views:	54 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	127487 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JS - LGF NavBar Links.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	127488

The vanilla edition of the JS LGF NavBar does not have any MouseOver effects (they are redundant on a touch device, other than to indicate the page you are visiting). You could simply copy and paste the NavBar to your own XAR doc, remembering of course to place the Javascript code into the website HTML body.

The JS Navbar must be repeated on each page (where you want to use it), as too must the JQuery button with the name Uses JQuery.

The only problem you have to manage is the JS NavBar resides on the MouseOff layer, and while it is hidden from view when exported and previewed, if you want to place page content behind it (on the MouseOff layer), you need to simply drag the NavBar off the page while you edit your document, and remember when you drag it back to make sure it is at the front. Other than that, this is slick solution to Xara's submenu NavBar's failings.

Hopefully, this sets you off in the right direction.

Here is the link to Acorn's presentation on the Ultimate Xara NavBar http://acorn.xara.hosting/NavBars/#xl_xr_page_index

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Initiostar; 29 July 2020 at 08:38 AM.