Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Help with CSSSliders on variants

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Late here Chris, not 100% sure. On a quick reply I'd just say a fixed site won't resize but I maybe very wrong.
    All you are aiming for is done with the option Scale to Fit Width, so a Supersite is immaterial.
    Also it is irrelevant as it is one page.

It is still better to embed a Presentation site instead.
    Yes, you need code to hide the controls and some to set up a cycle.
    The gain is total flexibiliby, effects and text as well as links to other pages.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by designer_k View Post
    Hello.

I'm trying to build a website using multiple sliders I produced using CSSSlider. I'm running into an issue with the sliders across variants, however.

I originally tried just resizing the placeholder box on the mobile side with the exact same CSSSlider code that is running on the desktop variant. But the slider would not display on the mobile variant.

So I created a new CSSSlider with smaller images and all new code for the mobile variant. The desktop variant plays, but the mobile variant does not.

Thank you for your time!
    -Kelly
    Kelly,

The problem you have encountered is one where you cannot have the same Engine ID for the desktop and variant (the same applies for the WOW slider too). When you use Publish make sure the desktop and variant have a unique ID (just change the number to one that you have not used before).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Must be a Different ID for Each Variant.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	127464

Place the generated code for each ID into the respective desktop and variant placeholders, export and check that Engine (X) is different in both.

Let us know if this works.

Gary

Gary,

This looks like exactly what I needed to know about CSSSlider. I thought it might be something like that once I discovered the ID option on the CSSSlider interface.

I made all new slideshows and now all the versions appear to be working on both variants.

Thank you so much to everyone who responded with suggestions. I appreciate all you who are willing to take your time to help out.

-Kelly