Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does Web Designer Use HTML5 to support mp4 files

I have a question concerning upgrading my Xara Web Designer 9 to the latest version, since the Flasher Player
    is doomed at the yeras end 2020, will this new version support HTML5 as far as mp4 Files. I hpoe I've put
    this question properly, if not let me know. Appreciate the help...pnwhiker.

Info Re: Does Web Designer Use HTML5 to support mp4 files

Yes.

https://www.quackit.com/html_5/tags/html_video_tag.cfm

Example code:
    Code:
    <video class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/Import_Searching_For_Items.mp4" controls width = "100%" height="100%"/>
    I remove the class.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Does Web Designer Use HTML5 to support mp4 files

Acorn:
    Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it. But I have a qustion, where did you find the html code in your xara web page at?
    I looked on this web page i created on the htm web page and this is the only code i could find, which referrs to the swf player.
    <param name="movie" value="tt071620_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf"/>
    and this code;
    <param name="flashvars" value="url=Mt St Helens Timelapse.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=false&amp;to oltip=true&amp;autoplay=true&amp;

Here is the Code for reference:
    ------------------------------------
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" id="retail_video_player" width="100%" height="100%" align="middle">
    <param name="movie" value="tt071620_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf"/>
    <param name="flashvars" value="url=Mt St Helens Timelapse.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=false&amp;to oltip=true&amp;autoplay=true&amp;swfborder=true&am p;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1"/>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="quality" value="high"/>
    <param name="menu" value="false"/>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the web url link, this is a test page i created for my web site, been up and running since forever with xara.
    Web Link: http://www.pnwhiker.org/tt071620/tt071620.htm
    FYI: Just right click and select "Hide this Plugin"
    Thanks for your help....pnwhiker...

Default Re: Does Web Designer Use HTML5 to support mp4 files

Acorn, thanks for the response. Hope this reply gets posted, this time. thanks. pnwhiker..