Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info The AddToAny Website Share Button Generator

Xara has had the means to simply create and deliver meaningful third-party widgets for no development effort but it has never published the Xara Widget API. An example we have is the Add a Website Widget: C:\Users\george\AppData\Local\Xara\WebDesignerPrem ium\11\Cache\designs\eng\pageelements\widgets\iframe.xwr.

Examine it in a text editor and it is just a set of XML.

I believe Xara has lost the schema detail or no longer knows what it all does.

From my poking around, I have a passable (working) knowledge of how to create a fresh widget.

I present:
    Code:
    <XaraWidget>
    <!-- AddToAny Share Buttons -->
    <WidgetName>AddToAny Share Button Generator</WidgetName>
    <CreateURL>https://www.addtoany.com/buttons/for/website/</CreateURL>
    <BrowserWidth>1280</BrowserWidth>
    <ControlID>test_area</ControlID>
    <SnippetHeight>960</SnippetHeight>
    <WidgetHelp>
    - Configure your Share Button Menu in this generator window, following the instructions given.  You'll end up with a custom Share Button Menu collection.
    - Click the Get Button code blue button to reveal the HTML code for your widget.
    - As your code is already highlighted, just press Ctrl+C to add it to the Clipboard.
    - Click the Insert button below to add the widget to your page.
    - NOTE: double-clicking your Widget on the Design page does not pass back your earlier configuration changes, so keep a copy handy.
    </WidgetHelp>
    </XaraWidget>
    All you need do is unzip this file:
    AddToAny.zip - TG should recognise but cannot handle *.xwr files.
    Put AddToAny.xwr into a safe folder, say, \Xara Widgets\, and drag onto your design page.

Do press the Help button at least once for some guidance.
    The AddToAny website is very comprehensive on adding and modifying buttons.

All the above and the creation of the AddToAny Widget took 35 minutes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: The AddToAny Website Share Button Generator

Thanks for sharing Acorn!
    Hope to find the time to do some experiments.

One minor (very minor) change. The height is set to 960px, I changed this to 150 for no reason other than it's a reasonable size on the page. At 960 the resulting placeholder is off the top of page and it appears like nothing has been generated.

I have always used 'Share This' in the past, but this is much easier, and easy is better.

Thank you, Acorn.

Thanks for this Acorn - works great.
    Could you tell me how to change the colour of the icons and make them grey?
    Thanks,
    LGF

Info Re: The AddToAny Website Share Button Generator

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Thanks for this Acorn - works great.
    Could you tell me how to change the colour of the icons and make them grey?
    Thanks,
    LGF
    LGF, you would generate your button(s) and then add in code from https://www.addtoany.com/buttons/customize/icon_color.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 11 August 2020 at 11:44 AM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, you would generate your button(s) and then add in code from https://www.addtoany.com/buttons/customize/icon_color.

Acorn
    OK - got it!
    Thanks Acorn

EXTREMELY NICE!
    Easy to use, configure and set-up.

I have a few recipe pages that I want to allow people to Share (mostly on Twitter). AddToAny creates the Tweet & link to the appropriate web page quite nicely, but I would like to also include a jpeg picture graphic inside the share along with the already displayed text & URL so viewers can actually see what the tweet is talking about. (a.k.a. a Recipe picture)

I've been screwing with this for DAYS and (as usual) have succeeded in getting absolutely nowhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Wodlik View Post
    EXTREMELY NICE!
    Easy to use, configure and set-up.

I have a few recipe pages that I want to allow people to Share (mostly on Twitter). AddToAny creates the Tweet & link to the appropriate web page quite nicely, but I would like to also include a jpeg picture graphic inside the share along with the already displayed text & URL so viewers can actually see what the tweet is talking about. (a.k.a. a Recipe picture)

I've been screwing with this for DAYS and (as usual) have succeeded in getting absolutely nowhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Ron
    Ron, have you looked at https://www.addtoany.com/buttons/cus...image_sharing?

Acorn

Yes......

but, it seems that no matter where I copy & paste the code, all I ever end up with is a large blue blob next to the addtoany share buttons.

I guess my problem is that I don't know where i need to insert the code so it becomes a part of the share & not a part of the button generation code.

Thanks

I'll keep screwing with it.

Ron