Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Inserting code into Head tag

I needed to insert code within the <head> tag, the same code on every page. So I went to website properties, clicked on website tab, clicked on "HTML code (head) and pasted in the code. I published and when I checked the code in the web browser, it shows up within the <body> tag. Same thing happens if I paste it into head tag on the page tab. Am I missing something? I'm using Web Designer Premium 11. Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Inserting code into Head tag

No you're not missing anything you're doing it correctly. Just to make sure you've not inadvertantly also pasted it into a place holder on the page do a quick search. If you can't sort it paste your web xar file here. Also check the page source and see if if it is in the head section.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Long time no visit Vicki

Hey there Priester. Glad to see you're still here dispensing invaluable information.

I checked the page source and it is not in the head section. It's within the body tags. I'll search for a placeholder when back at my own computer, and hope that is the cause. Will let you know. Thanks!

Unvaluable information is more like it.

No placeholder on the page. How do I paste the xar file here?

Egg....I think I got it fixed. Is there anyway to designate the code to be placed "higher" within the tag? It's Google Tag Manager code. They want it at the top of the head and another code at top of body tag. They are both there, but last in the tags. Thanks.

In no way the clearest instruction but I hope this helps: (I must redo this!)

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host