Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Broken heading links.

A single page website (supersite) - navigation bar at top.

Various headings further down the page - they all have a heading 3 style. On one of the menu button drop downs,there is a 4 item sub menu - give each item a "link to heading" - for example ITEM 1.
    Click OK - then on the nav bar properties I get a <broken heading link>
    Any idea why?

Bug Re: Broken heading links.

LGF, you have found a Bug.
    the only current workaround I can get for you is to select each Heading and given each a different Name. In the NavBar, use Link to anchor.

There is no need to create a site as a Supersite if it is just one page; it achieve very little. Make it a Conventional site.

@Xara - Linking a sub-menu to a Heading text fails to work in a NavBar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Broken heading links.

Thanks Acorn. Yeah, no problem used link to anchor. Regarding the supersite - reckon you're right. A lot of current sites have one long scrolling page with large blocks of info which is what I want - and what the heading links were for - so I guess I could just use one long page on a regular site.
    Thanks for reporting the bug.

I'm on Xara Web Designer Premium 18.5.0.63630 and have encountered this bug.

Could somebody please advise if it's been fixed in the current version (which, I assume, is the subscription-only version)?

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortilon View Post
    I'm on Xara Web Designer Premium 18.5.0.63630 and have encountered this bug.

Could somebody please advise if it's been fixed in the current version (which, I assume, is the subscription-only version)?

Thanks a lot.
    The bug still exists in Magix v19.0.1 Feb 2023, but has been resolved in the newer subscription Xara Plus version. Scroll back to Acorn's post #2 and there is a simple workaround that can be used for the older versions.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

I was hoping you wouldn't say that, Init! Now I have to decide whether to upgrade to prisoner status.

I did try the workaround but with a few groups of links I want to make on my pages, it was going to end up being too messy as they all end up in one "Names" list, not split into their respective pages. There's no way of identifying which name belongs where. It not really a problem when I'm setting it up, but when I come back in 6 months time I won't remember what's where.