Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Drop down menu fonts

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I did search first and this is what I got....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drop down.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	127425

Why are we stuck with a choice of 12 web safe fonts from 20 years ago when we want to create a drop down menu?
    Is the only solution to create pop up layers oneself linked to the button?

Default Re: Drop down menu fonts

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered before, but I did search first and this is what I got....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drop down.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	127425

Why are we stuck with a choice of 12 web safe fonts from 20 years ago when we want to create a drop down menu?
    Is the only solution to create pop up layers oneself linked to the button?
    LGF, you have not been following my my diatribes into the error of using the Xara Navbar approach.

One of your missed searches: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-pop-up-styles.
    This allows you to fudge the sub-menu font to one of your choosing.

I still recommend the use to CSS Menus for proper design and presentation.

It is possible to produce nested sub-menus with rollovers and other animation effects in Xara but these require patience and rigour.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Apologies and many thanks for that Acorn - I will do my homework immediately

Apologies and many thanks for that Acorn - I will do my homework immediately
    LGF, it is not a case of homework, it is getting Xara to twitch and fix the messes it creates and never updates or remedies.

I was trying to help you choose between three awkward options and in passing ping Xara.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

LGF, it is not a case of homework, it is getting Xara to twitch and fix the messes it creates and never updates or remedies.
    —sigh

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    —sigh
    A Gary sigh for what I wrote or what Xara hasn't done?

Acorn

A sigh because how many times have I said that if Xara would simply revisit each tool and feature and make each a little better, e.g. add the ability to use more fonts for drop down menus and to have more attractive design options for drop down menus, that Designer Pro and Web Designer Premium would be killer apps?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    A sigh because how many times have I said that if Xara would simply revisit each tool and feature and make each a little better, e.g. add the ability to use more fonts for drop down menus and to have more attractive design options for drop down menus, that Designer Pro and Web Designer Premium would be killer apps?
    Sanity restored! You and me both.

I have been working on The Ultimate Xara Hamburger Menu and actually found it quite hard to be methodical when using Layers.
    I may publish it in a while.

Acorn

Does Xara/Magix ever read the Suggestions & Feedback section of this forum?
    Is there anything to be gained in mailing them about this and a few other issues?

Does Xara/Magix ever read the Suggestions & Feedback section of this forum?
    Is there anything to be gained in mailing them about this and a few other issues?
    LGF, usually read by Rob-Xar - TG Mods know exactly who has viewed a Thread but not the time.
    e.g., if a Mod now reads this, they might notice this request for the Thread to be moved to the Dear Xara forum, where Xara is given a better chance to notice it.

I would highly recommend you contact Xara in https://xara.com/contact-us/. This is for Cloud+/Pro+ but does bypass Magix; it sends you round the houses but if you are strong, try https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/request.
    You could also reach out to Xara's CEO on matt@xara.com or Xara Sales on xarasales@xara.com. No harm in including Xara Suppport on products@supportsystem.xara.com.

Acorn