Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Navigation Bar Disappears On All Pages Except Index

I'm quite new to Xara, but I've been having issues with the navigation bars appearing on all pages in Xara, but once I preview/export, they disappear on all pages except the index page. They appear in the layers of each page and are visible. They're also properly linked. Each page only has 1 navigation bar, and it's been repeated from the index page.

If any other screenshots/info is needed, I'd be more than willing to provide. This is something I've been struggling with for a really long time, and tried a variety of solutions to fix it. If it makes any difference, the template I used is a single-page template - however, this same issue has been persisting with sites created from scratch and regular templates. Nav bars disappear with single page previews on all browsers, full site previews, and exported sites. However, they appear when the pages are exported as .png.

It might be a rookie mistake, but any help would be appreciated.

(Edit: I realise the attachments are terrible quality - in the first image, to the right, the highlighted layers are the ones containing the nav bars).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara1.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	127418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	127419  

Default Re: Navigation Bar Disappears On All Pages Except Index

DrLevi, are you sure the NavBar on the other pages is actually within the Page background and not above it?

Also try and select the topmost layer, so neither MouseOff and MouseOver are the current layer. Confirm that the NavBar is not hidden (red eye) on the MouseOff layer.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 13 July 2020 at 11:52 AM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, thanks for the reply. NavBar appears on the layers "MouseOver" and "page background" of all pages, but still won't appear as a live preview/export of the site.

OK. If that is the case, it is possible you have some badly terminated code in these pages that is stopping the NavBar rendering.

Clone your design file so all your work is secure.
    Rename the cloned file to something else.

Delete all your pages apart from index and any other one.
    Save the renamed file and upload here to TG.
    You can could out make of the detail on the index page as that is working but leave your other page as-is.

If you are IT literate, Preview in a proper browser and open the Console in the Developer Tools and report if you see errors.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Apologies for the late reply. I'd be lying if I said this issue didn't keep me busy all day till today, but I finally managed to solve the issue. I tried a whole variety of solutions, looking at the html, css, deactivating the software, etc. Today, I found what may have been the issue, and probably, as I thought, a rookie mistake.

When linking, I removed the "Same frame (_self)", and once I added it back, it showed and works normally again. Luckily I learned from this experience. Thanks for the support!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara3.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	127429
    Last edited by DrLevi; 14 July 2020 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by DrLevi View Post
    Apologies for the late reply. I'd be lying if I said this issue didn't keep me busy all day till today, but I finally managed to solve the issue. I tried a whole variety of solutions, looking at the html, css, deactivating the software, etc. Today, I found what may have been the issue, and probably, as I thought, a rookie mistake.

When linking, I removed the "Same frame (_self)", and once I added it back, it showed and works normally again. Luckily I learned from this experience. Thanks for the support!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara3.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	127429
    I really would like to see a copy of your failed attempt as your solved explanation does not make sense.

Acorn

I exported both pre-fix and post-fix versions; hopefully they'll help out. I just included the first 2 pages - Index and About to keep file size small etc.

"TG Site" is after the fix, and "TG PreFix" is while I had the issue, though it's a very old backup. I think in this file, the NavBars aren't on the background layer, but when it was on the BG layer, it still didn't show. I saw that with this old backup, the NavBar doesn't appear for Index either, which later changed and appeared, but not for other pages.

Hopefully this helps find the actual solution in case I have the same problem again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I exported both pre-fix and post-fix versions; hopefully they'll help out. I just included the first 2 pages - Index and About to keep file size small etc.

"TG Site" is after the fix, and "TG PreFix" is while I had the issue, though it's a very old backup. I think in this file, the NavBars aren't on the background layer, but when it was on the BG layer, it still didn't show. I saw that with this old backup, the NavBar doesn't appear for Index either, which later changed and appeared, but not for other pages.

Hopefully this helps find the actual solution in case I have the same problem again.
    Thank you for sharing; I will have a look.

Just did. Sorry but they are of no help. It is the design file (.XAR / .WEB) that I need to see, not the output.

In checking the output, you appear to have two Sticky (white) bars across both pages that are on top of the NavBar.
    Normally, all you need do is make the NavBar Sticky as well and set it to be the top-most object.

Acorn

Misread on my part. I have no idea if this will work, but attaching the save file for it here. The NavBar is definitely arranged to be at the top, and can't find the white bars in the layers - I was under the impression they were part of the background. Hopefully this works?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Info Re: Navigation Bar Disappears On All Pages Except Index

Misread on my part. I have no idea if this will work, but attaching the save file for it here. The NavBar is definitely arranged to be at the top, and can't find the white bars in the layers - I was under the impression they were part of the background. Hopefully this works?
    There is a Sticky + Stretched Full Width White Box with a Shadow immediately under your NavBar.

EITHER
    Delete it
    OR
    Make your NavBar Sticky.

Acorn