Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Taking Online payments on an e-Commerce Store - without high fees

Hi All

I hope everyone is doing well

I am opening an e-Commerce site & my bank does not provide code to take online payments.

I am obviously aware there is plenty of third party platforms to take payments, but quite alot really eat into profits, like many people I have PayPal but their fee's per transaction eat into profits.

Can anyone please recommend another third party payment plat form that is competitive on fee's, & relatively easy to integrate via code (HTML)? my site will be high volume products so the fee's need to be as competitive as possible.

A merchant account maybe best?

Or maybe someone can recommend code to take the payment direct to my bank account, but shows card logos/graphics I am looking to take all the major cards Visa, MasterCard etc..

Many Thanks in advance!

Regards

Dave
    Last edited by Davora; 12 July 2020 at 11:31 AM.

Default Re: Taking Online payments on an e-Commerce Store - without high fees

Dave, as we don't know volumes, margins and turnover, how can we?
    It is a contract between you and the provider so you need to knuckle down and produce your own business case.

When you think you have one then TGers may be able to advise on integration but here we have to know catalogue size, variants and other important details like churn and discounting.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Dave, have you considered Interac e-Transfers? It's very convenient when used a few times and there are no fees (depending on your financial institution). However, it's not as easy as clicking on a PayPal or credit card button, so customer resistance may be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Davora View Post
    Hi All

Or maybe someone can recommend code to take the payment direct to my bank account, but shows card logos/graphics I am looking to take all the major cards Visa, MasterCard etc..

Dave
    this is really not a good idea; I don't know, but I would imagine your bank does not supply code because it is well aware of the security dangers

I would put security as a higher priority than maximising profit, although that is your choice of course

So if I were doing this I would be going with paypal or similar - no they are not 100% hacker proof, but nothing is; the idea is to make it as difficult as possible for them
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Davora View Post
    Hi All

I hope everyone is doing well

I am opening an e-Commerce site & my bank does not provide code to take online payments.

I am obviously aware there is plenty of third party platforms to take payments, but quite alot really eat into profits, like many people I have PayPal but their fee's per transaction eat into profits.

Can anyone please recommend another third party payment plat form that is competitive on fee's, & relatively easy to integrate via code (HTML)? my site will be high volume products so the fee's need to be as competitive as possible.

A merchant account maybe best?

Many Thanks in advance!

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

I've heard a lot of great things about Stripe from other businesses in the Xara family....and we use it too.

I simply refuse doing E-commerce. Not because it can not be done with Xara but there are thousands of platforms out there. https://www.shopify.ca/lite