Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Empty Local Designs Gallery

Dear Xara...

I have and use Xara Web Designer Premium 15.0.0.52288 DL x64 Nov 17 2017 frequently.
    I use it to assist other TGers.
    I used it last weekend as XDPXV17 and Pro+ both failed me on a Client's website and XWDPv15 saved the day; I got paid!

I had to create a new Windows User account as the original became corrupt.
    I now find that the Local Designs gallery is totally blank.
    I understand this is because the Download All process put all the assets into %localappdata% for the original user.

Is there any way to make these assets accessible to all users of the same machine?
    I set up a Network Share and used the Disc design function to link back.

My concerns are:
    • The misuse of %localappdata% for such important files.
    • The lack of user choice in not making the installation be accessible to all users of the machine - I use different roles for different purposes but I am still the same person who holds the perpetual licence.

Might this also explan the issue this TGer has as described in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...signs-Gallery?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Empty Local Designs Gallery

Dear Xara...

i think it might be useful for one of you to read https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...890#post626890 and reply back here if my approach can be bettered.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat