Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Clients updating their website with +

So, just wondering the process of what if a client wants to update their website, please take me through the steps.

Question Re: Clients updating their website with +

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    So, just wondering the process of what if a client wants to update their website, please take me through the steps.
    What support contract do they have with you?

Are you asking if they wish to run everything themselves after delivery?

If you are talking about Xara Designer Pro+ as the design tool and Xara Cloud+ as the customer access then you provide their emails with Guest access.
    Manage Team > Users & Permissions.

I believe if you start adding in Team Members, you are into paying more.

I would lock down everything you don't want changed and leave them to it.

The key point is how do you/they recover from a SNAFU.
    If, in support, you need to keep a Master Pro+ design file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Clients updating their website with +

Well, lets say I finish a website in website pro or plus. Client then asks to edit the website. We are not talking about documents here. Website files that are uploaded to the server. Can the client do all that from the cloud area? Or do I have to do and manage those portions which they are limited in doing?

To be honest if a client decides they want to do everything or majority of fooling around, I would recommend to them to buy the xara web designer from magix, either web designer or the premium.

However if they just want to update the website text and images, that is where my question was.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Well, lets say I finish a website in website pro or plus. Client then asks to edit the website. We are not talking about documents here. Website files that are uploaded to the server. Can the client do all that from the cloud area? Or do I have to do and manage those portions which they are limited in doing?

To be honest if a client decides they want to do everything or majority of fooling around, I would recommend to them to buy the xara web designer from magix, either web designer or the premium.

However if they just want to update the website text and images, that is where my question was.
    It all depends.

If the site is simple in layout and the text and images were not doing too much fancy stuff then Cloud re-publishing will be fine.
    That's why I suggested locking parts of the site as "Here Be Monsters!"

On the whole, I wouldn't see too much of a problem.
    Simple things still need sorting.
    I have not seen a way yet to add Alt Text to an image...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Merci