Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default This showed up which is new

What does it mean, I tried looking up the help file and no mention of it.

Ok found it on the release notes, but why would anyone use it? Can you give me instances where the content is marked to not be found by crawlers?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	127393

Default Re: This showed up which is new

I think this inserts a comment into the HTML script not to follow a link, and/or not to link to it in a Google search.

Just not sure why anyone would use it.

You need to read through https://ahrefs.com/blog/nofollow-links/ to understand what a nofollow link is achieving.

Xara PDF Help Manual:
    Nofollow links You can find this option within the dialog Web Properties > Link dialog. When a link is set to Nofollow, it tells search engines that encounter the link not to follow it for ranking and
    indexing purposes, for example if you link to another website outside of your domain.

Exactly how search engines use this information varies with each search engine and may change in the future.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn your so resourceful

I use it for hidden login pages, and internal documents and resources available for staff, dealers, etc., but not to the general public, where security is not a major issue.

Interesting. So you have a password protect page? How do you go about doing it in xara? Or are you talking about other authoring platforms.

This was something I had requested be added Xara back in 2017.

In order to stay in the good graces of Google, you need to have a "no follow" for links that go to other sites that you may get any type of payment from. This would apply to affiliate links for its products. On peoples blogs where they are recommending products and they get commission on for sales then a no follow link is required.

I do web sites with independent sales representatives and if there is a link to one of the sites that they represent, it would need to be a no follow link. Google can penalize the site that is doing the linking and the site it is linking to. Google started this in order to get rid of these link sharing sites and the paid back line schemes that were around for older SEO schemes.

Ray