Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Properties and PDF not updating

HELP!

I'm having issues on my laptop that I am not experiencing on my desktop. When I use Web Properties to update a button with a PDF, everything except the "OK" button works. I can apply the PDF but the "OK" button either isn't registering or doesn't care that I click "OK"

I have restarted the program, plugged in a new mouse, and have uninstalled/reinstalled Xara Designer Pro X 17.0.0.58732 DL x64 Mar 12 2020

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 792020.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	127389  

Default Re: Web Properties and PDF not updating

Did you type in the filename or Browse to it?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I browsed to the file. I fought with it all morning and FINALLY after renaming and resaving the PDF multiple times in different folders it let me hit "OK" for it to update!!!

I started playing around with the button more seeing if I could link to a website, email, heading, anchor... all of that was working. I was losing my mind! Then I started thinking maybe its the actual PDF. I'm not sure what the fix was but I got it updated and I'm a very happy camper now!

Thank you Acorn for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by WebDeb View Post
    HELP!

I'm having issues on my laptop that I am not experiencing on my desktop. When I use Web Properties to update a button with a PDF, everything except the "OK" button works. I can apply the PDF but the "OK" button either isn't registering or doesn't care that I click "OK"

I have restarted the program, plugged in a new mouse, and have uninstalled/reinstalled Xara Designer Pro X 17.0.0.58732 DL x64 Mar 12 2020

I'm a noob, replied to wrong area/person/thread/idk
    Last edited by WebDeb; 09 July 2020 at 07:05 PM. Reason: I'm a noob, replied to wrong area/person/thread/idk

Quote Originally Posted by WebDeb View Post
    I'm a noob, replied to wrong area/person/thread/idk
    Noob or not, I have done the same.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat