Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Phone Number Clickable In Mobile Variant?

Acorn, I had tried those suggestions yesterday without effect.
    Daniel, I tried you suggestion without effect.
    There are other phone numbers on the site that don't show that behavior, I may just re-do the header and page and see if goes away.
    Thanks,

Jim

Jim, while it doesn't make any sense, can you just put a few spaces between the digits to see if there's a difference?
    A link to the site?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I've already spent too much time on this (the address numbers have also became clickable). I surrendered and made it into a bitmap. I will probably come back to it later at some point when I feel more ambitious!

Jim

Hmm that sounds frustrating - not least because there's always an answer and I hate not finding it. Could you send me your .xar file to look at?

It sounds more like a link on a group of objects rather than just the FAX.
    I cannot even see how it is possible; all I can imagine is setting up Smart Fields for the FAX...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Daniel, I've already changed the site so the offending part is gone. Thank you for your efforts.

Jim

You say it's not working but it works fine for me.

If I just add numbers without any Xara links in Safari on my iPhone it gives all numbers telephone links.

Adding Daniels suggestion kills all links.

Adding just a tel:link using Xara works for that number only with a pop-up screen but if selecting phone or whatever it works fine.

Attached .xar

DEMO
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,
    The original problem was that the fax number was clickable and other phone numbers on the same page were not. In addition the address numbers became clickable and pointing to the fax#. I could not get rid of the fax link even by removing it totally and re-typing. The <meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no" line wouldn't get rid of it either. I tried different combinations of numbers and suggestions without effect. I've given up on it and moved on. Thankyou for your suggestions.

Jim

That's fine Jim but I'm just pointing out to other members who may find the same issue in the future that there is a perfectly good method to overcome it. Why it didn't work you you I've no idea.

EDIT: xar file updated. Also remember we're only talking about the Safari browser here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 21 January 2024 at 02:59 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host