Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Simple AddToAny Example

This is a Sticky icon that show the URL of the page it is on:
    JS - Get Page Link Icon.xar

The Link symbol has some Body Placeholder code and the business end is in the Website Head.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Simple AddToAny Example

How and why do I use this, Acorn?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    How and why do I use this, Acorn?
    The How is you publish and click the icon.
    It then Copies the URL to your Clipboard.

The why is for a viewer to pass on, use or record the Link.

If you access the AddToAny website, https://www.addtoany.com/buttons/, you can customised the icons for social media purposes, leveraging your site's opportunities for self-promotion.
    I simply chose to show it being used as a really simple, but useful, introduction.
    It is a far better alternative to the convoluted approach Xara has for Social Media share icons.

It becomes a case of replacing the Social Media > Tumblr > AddThis widget with something far better.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

As normal Acorn you're leaving me behind in the exhaust of your progress, but I'll give this more time to experiment. Promise
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

One minor (very minor) change. The height is set to 960px, I changed this to 150 for no reason other than it's a reasonable size on the page. At 960 the resulting placeholder is off the top of page and it appears like nothing has been generated.

I have always used 'Share This' in the past, but this is much easier, and easy is better.

Thank you, Acorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    One minor (very minor) change. The height is set to 960px, I changed this to 150 for no reason other than it's a reasonable size on the page. At 960 the resulting placeholder is off the top of page and it appears like nothing has been generated.
    I have always used 'Share This' in the past, but this is much easier, and easy is better.
    Thank you, Acorn.
    Welcome for the change and the thanks.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Welcome for the change and the thanks.
    Acorn
    For those confused,Chris replied to https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...tton-Generator here, in error.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    For those confused,Chris replied to https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...tton-Generator here, in error.

Acorn
    Why yes, yes I did. Apparently I need more than 1/2 cup of coffee in the mornings before I have sufficient functioning brain cells to post correctly.

I'll copy/paste in the correct thread.