Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I知 rusty: static Hamburger icon with drop down and horizontal menu

Must be the Covid doldrums. I知 in need of a refresher making a static drop down menu from a hamburger icon. 980 and 360 px variants.
    I致e made the icon in the mouse off layer, but I知 failing to make it static in the mouse over layer, then linking the soft group to a nav menu.
    It痴 been one of those summers.

Thanks all,
    Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: I知 rusty: static Hamburger icon with drop down and horizontal menu

I would create the drop down menu on a layer and link to the layer.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Thanks Gary - I was hoping not to use a pop up layer. Id like to convert the hamburger icon to a standard button. Thanks
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Gary - Ive changed my mind. I am going with a pop up layer. My problem is my pop up layer is only residing on one page. Not on all of them.
    Kindest regards - thanks
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Info Re: I知 rusty: static Hamburger icon with drop down and horizontal menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Gary - Ive changed my mind. I am going with a pop up layer. My problem is my pop up layer is only residing on one page. Not on all of them.
    Kindest regards - thanks
    -Bill
    No Bill, too late, you committed.

Here is a Hamburger Menu using Xara's approach:
    Xara - Hamburger Menu.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Bill - The easiest way to do this is create the hamburger and the menu layer. Link the button to the layer. Then duplicate the page.

But in the real word this is not always an option.

The hard way to do this is right click on the menu layer in the Page & Layer Gallery and go to the next page, right click on the MouseOver layer and select Paste layer.

Now you would expect this new layer to be pasted above the MouseOver layer. But you would be wrong. So drag the new menu layer over the MouseOver layer.

And you would also expect that if your layer is called Menu that the layer you paste would also be called Menu. And once again you would be sadly wrong.

So each time you do this you need to paste layer, reposition the layer, and rename the layer.

But I like to think of repetitious, mindless, and needless tasks such as these as a kind Zen meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Gary - I've changed my mind. I am going with a pop up layer. My problem is my pop up layer is only residing on one page. Not on all of them.
    Kindest regards - thanks
    -Bill
    Bill

Marquee select your NavBar on the mobile/variant layer you created and repeat on all pages. The layer name and its content will then appear on all pages. You may need to delete it from those pages where it is not needed.

Another Gary!

Solved, and Thank You Gentlemen.
    @gwpriester @acorn @initiostar
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design