Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Bots and SEO

Default Bots and SEO

Hi Xaratalk club !

Recently I learning a mistake for build his site, copy and past some texts from another sites, if we do this google let stay the new site in the lowest level of search.

So I have a issue now, I build a site for a client but actualy in my own web space, I'm affraid his site will see by google as mirroring when I put it in the final website adress.

For solve the problem how can I stop the search engine of google in Xara Webdesigner please ?

Default Re: Bots and SEO

If so worried you would need to replace the contents of your robots.txt file with "User-agent: * Disallow: /".

Some have put <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow"> in their website Head.

Never tried any so I am of no further use...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If I understand you correctly you're creating a draft site on your own server so the client can preview your draft. Is this correct?
    If so another way of doing it apart from those already mentioned by Acorn is to place it in a password protected folder on your server and give the client the username and password to log-in. Bots can't access this folder without the username & password.

Once the client is satisfied with your work you can upload the new site & overwrite the old site.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    If I understand you correctly you're creating a draft site on your own server so the client can preview your draft. Is this correct?
    If so another way of doing it apart from those already mentioned by Acorn is to place it in a password protected folder on your server and give the client the username and password to log-in. Bots can't access this folder without the username & password.

Once the client is satisfied with your work you can upload the new site & overwrite the old site.
    +1 Egg.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn and Egg,
    Yes you are right, it's not a draft, it's the website wirk in progress but not in the final web adress.
    I think the password is the more simple but it put some constrains (I hope the word right, no google translate on my smartphone).
    And that what I wanted Acorn, the script for stop the bots. Have use it in the past (ten years) but I forget how do.

Thank you for yours answers guys.