Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default .eps import error

When I try and import an .eps file that was created in Affinity Designer, I get the following messages:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warning.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	127336

Name:	eps error.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	127337

Name:	error2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	127338

Any ideas why?

Default Re: .eps import error

LGF, why are you exporting as eps from AD in the first place? Try to export asp pdf and import into Xara, do you still get errors?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I suspect that Affinity Designer is using a newer version of export and Xara has not updated the import filter recently.

As Egg suggests, try PDF which has been updated and is more the default file format for getting something from one program into another.

Thanks Egg & GW,
    Yeah, think is is the .eps folter.
    I wanted it as a vector - not too serious - will make do with the pdf.
    LGW

Originally EPS was created to contain both vector and bitmap objects. This was back in the 80s I think. Maybe earlier. EPS files could be "placed" in programs like QuarkXpress and later in InDesign.

PDF does the same thing but better. It can also contain both vectors, bitmaps, and editable text.

So if your intention is to get a vector image from one program to another, then PDF is the best way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Originally EPS was created to contain both vector and bitmap objects. This was back in the 80s I think. Maybe earlier. EPS files could be "placed" in programs like QuarkXpress and later in InDesign.

PDF does the same thing but better. It can also contain both vectors, bitmaps, and editable text.

So if your intention is to get a vector image from one program to another, then PDF is the best way to do this.
    Many thanks GW.