Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Repercussions of graphic with mouse over pop up layer effect and click pop up layer

If you take graphics with a mouse over animation to pop up a layer on your main variant, copy them to a smaller (phone variant) - the layers also, and set the link property to popup layer (since mouse over doesn't work on a phone) without changing the mouseover web animation to none - will there be significant repercussions? I have a lot of them to do and an extra step will take a lot of time. I tried it, on the computer, when I resize the window to the phone variant it does the mouse over effect or I can click on the graphic for the same effect. Since I haven't published it, I can't see what it does on a smartphone - worried about speed too. My smartphone is an old cricket phone and is very slow anyway. Thanks! (added after original post) - if the speed or anything else isn't affected, is it maybe better to have both set on the main variant too so if the pages render slow for the mouse over effect and the viewer gets impatient and clicks on it the layer would pop up immediately?
    Last edited by yellowbird; 03 July 2020 at 05:54 AM.