Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I have forgotten..

..how to add audio (say an mp3) to a Xara file. Thoughts appreciated. Thanks
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Info Re: I have forgotten..

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    ..how to add audio (say an mp3) to a Xara file. Thoughts appreciated. Thanks
    GuG, just drag onto the page.

Have a read of https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Player-Design while you are about it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: I have forgotten..

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    GuG, just drag onto the page.

Have a read of https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Player-Design while you are about it.

Acorn
    Sorry, I'm a bit slow and did not understand the file you were talking about or where to get it; and really what to do with it if I get it.
    Here's my situation. A year or so ago I managed to get MP3s into a WEBsite of mine, and was able to make the audio bar disappear with the exception of the arrow. I was able to make the arrow within a circle and the rest of the bar did not show; it worked. I have totally forgotten how this was accomplished; need help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBart.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	127347
    What I want to accomplish is, I would like not to see the basic bar; would like it if I could tap the record and hear the audio, or at a minimun turn the arrow part of the bar into a circle and allow it to be the trigger. Seems as though I remember being able to soft group and the entire graphic would trigger. This graphic will be sitting on a 500x500 pixel background. I want to load this onto Facebook. And I'm no longer shure what export to use for the file. This makes me feel like a real dummert.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    Sorry, I'm a bit slow and did not understand the file you were talking about or where to get it; and really what to do with it if I get it.
    Here's my situation. A year or so ago I managed to get MP3s into a WEBsite of mine, and was able to make the audio bar disappear with the exception of the arrow. I was able to make the arrow within a circle and the rest of the bar did not show; it worked. I have totally forgotten how this was accomplished; need help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBart.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	127347
    What I want to accomplish is, I would like not to see the basic bar; would like it if I could tap the record and hear the audio, or at a minimun turn the arrow part of the bar into a circle and allow it to be the trigger. Seems as though I remember being able to soft group and the entire graphic would trigger. This graphic will be sitting on a 500x500 pixel background. I want to load this onto Facebook. And I'm no longer shure what export to use for the file. This makes me feel like a real dummert.
    GUG, what works in Xara probably will not port into Facebook.

I pointed out all this for you in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...427#post590427 when you asked before; https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...221#post601221.

All you need do is add the Link code (similar to javascript: document.getElementById("lorryreverse").play();) to the record image instead. You drop your MP3 onto the design page, edit its Placeholder code to add an ID and hide the behind the image.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the response. This time I will do a print-out so I won't have to ask again.