Hello and happy Wednesday.

Having a problem. I developed a home page for a website on which the elements work well. I am now adding pages, using certain elements from the home page via Repeat on all pages.

The elements are buttons of sorts which consist of a label and a transparency with the link on the MouseOff layer. Upon hovering, the element shows a highlighted background and the label in a different color. This works perfectly on the single home page design. (Button 1 in the attachment).

When I repeat the element, the MouseOver layer no longer appears. I have determined that for no logical reason, Xara applies the transparency of the rectangle on the MouseOff layer to the MouseOver elements. (Changing the transparency from 99.5% to a lower percentage makes the MouseOver more opaque). (Button 2 in the attachment). This is obviously not an expected or desirable effect.

So, I modified it, eliminating the transparent shape, and putting the link directly on the text element. But oddly enough, the MouseOff text no longer aligns with the MouseOver text (or button face). I say oddly, because the latter is a clone of the former, with only a change to its color. The two should be perfectly aligned. (Button 3 in the attachment).

Remembering the Xara “Soft groups”, I attempted to apply it to see if it would restore the original alignment. It is the same as the third button. (Button 4). Still no good.

Does anyone know 1) why repeating the element causes the change in how it functions on individual pages, and 2) why assigning the MouseOff text a link causes it to abandon the defined alignment?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	button alignment.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	127317 button alignment.web