Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Page Size

Default Page Size

Hi all,
    I'm having some trouble with the page size on this website, www.pedrofoto.com. The preview display is far too small and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. It looks as if the mobile page is displaying. Could the reason for this be I'm using an older version of Xara web designer 11 premium? Or would the issue have to do something with the page background or pasteboard background? I noticed someone had a similar question today and I added some color to a page, but it didn't seem to help.

I uploaded on godaddy thinking it's a preview issue, but it's not projecting the correct page size that I designated on either desktop or mobile.

Thanks in advance,
    Pete

Default Re: Page Size

Hi Pete

I just looked in Firefox and it is more a tablet size page. What size is your main variant page? And were you by any chance working with a zoom factor greater than 100%?

The pages have a fixed height. I think it's set here: File > Page Options

If yours doesn't look like the pic below, then try to see if that fixes it. If it does look like the pic, then I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page Options.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	127316

Hi,
    The width of all main pages are 1000 px, and the with for mobile is 500 px. I did look at the pages at 200% to make sure objects were placed properly. But most of the work was done at 100%. Would that matter?

Thanks,
    Pete

Hi Chris,
    No the page layout is set to custom because the lengths vary.

Thanks,
    Pete

Same place (Page Options)...do you have Auto-Fit All Objects ticked under the Auto-Fit to Page button?

The only options I have under page size, width and height are:
    All pages in website the same size
    Lock page size

...neither are checked

i did notice when I changed the height of a page, it displays the entire page and I'd like it to recognize the width

Did you click Apply after making the change to the page width or height? Many times the setting will not take unless you click Apply.

The only reason I asked about the zoom you worked at is sometimes when you work at a greater magnification things look much smaller when you go back to 1:1. It was just a hunch.

I don't go back as far as v11 so I can't check anything. Anyone with v11 know where the option is, if it's there at all?

Name:	Page Options1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	127323

Info Re: Page Size

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I don't go back as far as v11 so I can't check anything. Anyone with v11 know where the option is, if it's there at all?

Name:	Page Options1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	127323
    v11 is simpler. It has Select Object > Right-click > context menu > Position on page > Stretch with page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat