Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Unable to widen page

I need to widen the grey back ground the page as shown in the attachment i can make it longer but not wider like i used to be able to do, has something changed or am i doing something wrong
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara01.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	127302  

Default Re: Unable to widen page

Try Utilities > Options > Page Size Paper: untick Lock page size.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have looked there its unticked i think i am in the right place only seems to do it with version 17. i have 16 on the laptop but thats in for repair
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	127303

I think Acorn is referring to the Lock Page & Lock Background in the Page and Layer Gallery.

When you hover over the outline on the right side of the page, does the cursor change to a double arrow? If so, you can drag the right margin in or out.

And in the Page Options > Page Size you can select Custom for the Page Size and manually change the width.

Any of these suggestions help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lock.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	127304  

HI
    I dont seem to have any of that you have in your image, the only arrows i get are at the bottom to make the page longer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara03.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	127305

Jack, can you Reply > Go Advanced and upload your file to us?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat