Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unable to widen page

I need to widen the grey back ground the page as shown in the attachment i can make it longer but not wider like i used to be able to do, has something changed or am i doing something wrong
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara01.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	127302  

Default Re: Unable to widen page

Try Utilities > Options > Page Size Paper: untick Lock page size.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have looked there its unticked i think i am in the right place only seems to do it with version 17. i have 16 on the laptop but thats in for repair
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	127303

I think Acorn is referring to the Lock Page & Lock Background in the Page and Layer Gallery.

When you hover over the outline on the right side of the page, does the cursor change to a double arrow? If so, you can drag the right margin in or out.

And in the Page Options > Page Size you can select Custom for the Page Size and manually change the width.

Any of these suggestions help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lock.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	127304  

HI
    I dont seem to have any of that you have in your image, the only arrows i get are at the bottom to make the page longer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara03.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	127305

Jack, can you Reply > Go Advanced and upload your file to us?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ok here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jack, simple fix. All you have done is hidden the right hand side of the page as everything is White.
    Drop any non-white colour from the colour Bar onto the Pasteboard.

The Page background is still white so now you can click and drag the right edge.

To adjust your Rectangle, as Gary indicated, unlock the Page background, select the Rectangle and open the Fill tool and adjust.
    You seem to be playing with an image that has a fat right border that is white. This needs to be cropped out; drop the image from the Bitmap gallery, crop it and make a Bitmap Copy and use that as your fill.

Reverse all your unlocking steps.

Acorn

Jack, simple fix. All you have done is hidden the right hand side of the page as everything is White.
    Drop any non-white colour from the colour Bar onto the Pasteboard.
    alternatively on the xara program window menu tick 'show print borders' - you can then see where you need to drag and can untick when you have finished
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks folks,
    I looked at the file and ncopped off the white bit and seems to have worked, i dont know why it suddenly became an issue - i will check out the other things when i have had some food

Jack