Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mockups in Xara Titles

Thought I'd have a go following Ernies example. Named colours & Vectors are excellent for this type of thing :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export-2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	127330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	127329  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 02 July 2020 at 02:39 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello Mr Bramhill,
    First of all let me say it is a pleasure to meet you. Over the past number of years I have watched so many of your tutorials online. Nice to finally make contact. You have done a wonderful job at mocking up the image I sent along. And Ernie also did a great job. This is just the task I was trying to figure out how to do in Xara. Well done. I am sure there were many steps involved in doing this task. It would not be fair to ask you to detail it all, but I am grateful to see it accomplished and to know it can be done. I appreciate what you have been able to accomplish. Thanks for taking an interest in this project. Sincerely, Harry Soper

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Thought I'd have a go following Ernies example. Named colours & Vectors are excellent for this type of thing :
    I did like the application of the Blend to profile a shape.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@ gratitude: Thanks for your comments.
    @ Acorn: Yes, I find doing it by eye to easy to make mistakes. I place everything I want to mould inside a no fill/no stroke rectangle which also helps keep everything resized/positioned in the same manner. Xara's mould tool is very long in the tooth now and in desperate need of updating.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    @ Acorn: Yes, I find doing it by eye to easy to make mistakes. I place everything I want to mould inside a no fill/no stroke rectangle which also helps keep everything resized/positioned in the same manner. Xara's mould tool is very long in the tooth now and in desperate need of updating.
    Egg, I just re-"discovered" that you can nest Moulds and keep everything editable:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mesh.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	127348

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not sure if this can be achieved in Xara, but let's say I have a cylindrical shape, can I flex an image to wrap around that shape?

It can be done in PS, but I was curious whether it could be done in Xara; even more curious how I could do it with CSS. May be there is a plug-in?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Not sure if this can be achieved in Xara, but let's say I have a cylindrical shape, can I flex an image to wrap around that shape?

It can be done in PS, but I was curious whether it could be done in Xara; even more curious how I could do it with CSS. May be there is a plug-in?

Gary
    Gary, GIMP does Map .. Map to Object, Cylinder for free.

CSS involves slicing and 3D transforms.

In Xara you could manually slice an image. Possibly set up Live Copies so to be able to drop another in place...

Acorn

Thanks Acorn, interesting.