Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mockups in Xara Titles

I am writing to ask if anyone knows if Xara Designer Pro or other Xara products have the ability to do mockups similar to how photoshop does mockups. Thank you. Harry

Default Re: Mockups in Xara Titles

My guess is yes. Can you show us an example or two?

Attached are a few examples of the type of the type of mockups I have been referring to. I hope this will provide you with a few good examples of mockups used today in the industry of graphic designs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mockup Examples for Talk Graphics.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	127301  

Lightbulb Re: Mockups in Xara Titles

Harry

At the level of providing images with text that has been added to reflect the client's brand text - yes.
    Ditto, to include the client's logo, brand colours, presentation size, different (social) media formats - yes.

Xara Cloud+ & Xara Designer Pro+ and the other Xara Desktop applications (XDA) all have the concept of Thematic content - change a colour base and its shades and tints follow.
    Provide a representative client image and the Xara prodcuts can produce a Colour Palette.
    Provide a number and create an associated colour scheme for each and your mockups can be adjusted to that theme by dropping the file onto the design.

The same products and recent versions of XDAs have SmartFields so designing a mockup that covers all client wording could be down to a colour change and a brand name altered, the work of seconds.

At the next level you can mockup an entire website to provide interaction.

At the next level you could add the Client as a Guest in Xara Cloud /Xara Cloud+ and allow them to change and tweak colours and download their efforts.

Run a Zoom/Teams/Skype/WhatsApp session and Cloud+ and you could alter, augment and annotate a client engagement session and evidence off your design brief.

What are you needs?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello Acorn, Thanks for your interest in my question regarding mockups. I was encouraged by your email. Let me say first of all, I am not learning to do mockups for clients just yet, I want to learn the techniques first. I know Photoshop has this ability and was writing to ask if Xara also had that ability. To give you a better idea of what I would like to do, I've taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a photoshop tutorial showing exactly what I would like to do. I have enclosed the image of a coffee cup and the logo I would like to mock up on that cup. If you are inclined to give try to place the logo on the cup such that the logo wraps to the contours of the cup that would fine. However, without you having to do any work, if you could direct me to a video tutorial available illlustrating that technique, that would be a wonderful assistance. I am however, open to any guidance you could provide.
    Here is the link to the utube video of the technique in Photoshop [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5FRcbfHKck&feature=youtu.be"]
    Logo and cup also attached.
    Eventually I would like to learn how to do mockups for tshirts, pillows, and many other items.
    Your assistance is appreciated.
    Harry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dove with God Bless You.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	127310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mug-Mockup.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	127311  

Exclamation Re: Mockups in Xara Titles

Nope. I doubt I can help you much.

Xara is a vector package first off and so Photoshop techniques won't go far.

What you are asking for is basic. Adding moulded text to a shape.
    There are tutorials abound out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Java Forte.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	127314

You need to choose your product then learn the techniques it offers.

Mocking-up anything that a client would be encouraged by requires a lot of practice.

Does your video demonstrate changing the text, the shadow, the colours to the whim of a client all in real-time?
    If not, it is the wrong product.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. I didn't know about the moulded text.

Sorry you arn't able to help me. Maybe someone else may have some thoughts.
    Gary's original comment was that he thought Xara may be able to do mockups.

In my original I was simply asking if Xara could do mockups similar to Photoshop.
    I only sent the video as an example of the type of thing I would like to do.
    I know Photoshop has it's way of doing mockups and I thought Xara might also be able to do similar things using Xara techniques.
    If Xara can't do those types of things that is fine, I was just asking the question.

So from your comments "I doubt I can help you much" sounds like you are saying Xara doesn't do the mockups I have been asking about - no problem. Thanks anyways for your interest.
    I will however, check out the moulded text you mentioned- that's a great tip.

Harry

Most mockups you refer to are made in Photoshop's using Smart Objects, which (can) include images, vectors (such as text) and effects. In order to edit such files outside Photoshop, you need an editor that is capable of importing and manipulating these smart objects as intended by the designer. Xara Designer Pro is able to import .psd files but does not recognize Smart Objects as such. There are other apps that do, such as Affinity Photo.

I have a lot of Photoshop mockups from my Adobe time.
    Many work with smartshapes and actions. Xara does not know any actions or macro programming.
    I create mockups in Xara manually using all the tools Xara provides me with.
    The need for some training and knowledge is necessary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mockup-Xara.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	127320

Xara Designer Pro has Live Copies so a Text Object can have a Mould applied and the external copy changed, similar to what you demonstrated.
    The original Text can be SmartText as well so there are a couple of levels of abstraction.

No quite the concept of meta-data though.

Acorn