Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: What's the cheapest way to got a HiDPI version of Xara Designer? (Cloud not neede

Just sit tight like me until Magix announces it. Subscribe to their newsletter.

Info Re: What's the cheapest way to got a HiDPI version of Xara Designer? (Cloud not neede

Regardless of any concerns about a subscription model, this Thread was about getting the cheapest access to a HiDPI version.

Well the cheapest is now Xara Pro+ (which is coupled with Xara Cloud+) as Xara is offering 60% discount with coupon JULY2020 until the end of July.
    My calculations in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...527#post623527 would put Xara Pro+ at £81.60 for the first year.
    You would not renew after the first year but switch back to the Magix Update Service at an update cost of £78 as by that time the Magix version would have gone HiDPI (probably).

Xara has also offers to adopt your remaining licence period but you would have to check and negotiate individually.

Yes, you get the Cloud+ stuff but look at as a free one-year trial. You might see some benefit from it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: What's the cheapest way to got a HiDPI version of Xara Designer? (Cloud not neede

probably ....... ?

on past performance with the [magix distributed] desktop, what odds would you give ....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    probably ....... ?

on past performance with the [magix distributed] desktop, what odds would you give ....
    99.9% within a year, otherwise Xara would need to fork their code, assuming the existence of both MagiXara's agreement and the companies.
    99.9%, as even bleach is not guaranteed to kill everything.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

we shall see
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    [...] Xara is offering 60% discount with coupon JULY2020 until the end of July.
    How/where did you get this coupon code?
    I've never registered to try out Cloud+, I'm thinking I might be missing out on information by not being on an email list.

Quote Originally Posted by Know1 View Post
    I've never registered to try out Cloud+, I'm thinking I might be missing out on information by not being on an email list.
    By already having a subscription. Stupid isn't it.

The person who has already paid gets the offer.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Know1 View Post
    Hi Know1. Users that have a Xara Cloud account and are still trying the product for purchase received the offer. You still have time to sign up to give Cloud+ a try before the offer expires this month. www.xara.com

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    By already having a subscription. Stupid isn't it.

The person who has already paid gets the offer.

Acorn
    We verified that you got the offer to one of your many emails, not to your subscription paying account.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Hi Know1. Users that have a Xara Cloud account and are still trying the product for purchase received the offer. You still have time to sign up to give Cloud+ a try before the offer expires this month. www.xara.com
    I currently have two partitions with V16.3 on it.

If I sign up to Cloud+ with my main email address (the one I also use to purchase upgrades for Xara Designer) will I be able to install the latest desktop version on a new SSD without it asking to deactivate one of my other partitions? I really don't want this to mess with the perpetual license.

So I don't know how integrated the accounts will be with Xara/Magix if I use the same email address to try Cloud+ out for a year on a new ssd.