Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: What's the cheapest way to got a HiDPI version of Xara Designer? (Cloud not neede

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I feel dizzy
    Start using Xara Designer Pro+ with HiDPI support to solve your dizziness. Have to keep the humor around here sometimes.

Happy early Friday to all,
    Matt

Default Re: What's the cheapest way to got a HiDPI version of Xara Designer? (Cloud not neede

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Start using Xara Designer Pro+ with HiDPI support to solve your dizziness. Have to keep the humor around here sometimes.
    Happy early Friday to all,
    Matt
    Come on Matt, even a "We're not thinking about separating Cloud+ from Pro+ at the moment, but ..." would have been kinder to those who cannot see the benefit of Cloud+ or a subscription model.

Look at it as a business opportunity.
    You seem to value the bundle at £200/y with Pro+ only £50/y.
    After year 1 at your current £100 offer, allow that who do not really want or need Cloud+ an ongoing rate of £125/y for access to Pro+, with limited Cloud functionality (Sign in, Web Preview, PDF Export, no Editing).
    Everyone gains.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I was going to name my first child Xara, but wife is confused, not knowing to call the baby Xaraplus or Xarapro

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Come on Matt, even a "We're not thinking about separating Cloud+ from Pro+ at the moment, but ..." would have been kinder to those who cannot see the benefit of Cloud+ or a subscription model.
    Acorn
    my feeling is that xara wish to put the magix legacy stuff behind them - I got s**t for saying that a year and a half ago, but it sure still looks that way to me - no doubt Matt will put me right where necessary...

your suggestion is a fair one - maybe the company will go that sort of way, one thing I don't think they will do is offer anything that is not an ongoing subscription...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Anyone know if "Something Big" has happened yet?

Question Re: What's the cheapest way to got a HiDPI version of Xara Designer? (Cloud not neede

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    Anyone know if "Something Big" has happened yet?
    Just the Patch release and:

We had a fanfare email with this image:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proplus-teaser_0.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	127335
    Attention: in the next days we will make a special release that we are sure you will love.
    This is the release you've been waiting for! We can’t share details, but watch this space!
    It came out on 04 June.

Had it been 04 May, we might have had:

This is the not release you've been waiting for!

I sort of guess it was the Cloud+ & Pro+ Bundle.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I was going to name my first child Xara, but wife is confused, not knowing to call the baby Xaraplus or Xarapro
    Have you heard our new tagline
    Xara. Not the clothing company.

Signing off for now.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post

Signing off for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    no doubt Matt will put me right where necessary...
    say no more
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    say no more

Was that a note to self?

- remember [pre Xara GmbH] when so much was made of the fact that the [magix] update service was not a subscription service in the 'adobe' sense... and here we are, with just that now on offer...

to quote what Debussy might have said [but put differently] 'there is no music without the silence between notes, only noise'
    Nothing lasts forever...