Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What's the cheapest way to got a HiDPI version of Xara Designer? (Cloud not neede

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    to quote what Debussy might have said [but put differently] 'there is no music without the silence between notes, only noise'

Yes, silence is golden.

Arrow Re: What's the cheapest way to got a HiDPI version of Xara Designer? (Cloud not neede

- remember [pre Xara GmbH] when so much was made of the fact that the [magix] update service was not a subscription service in the 'adobe' sense... and here we are, with just that now on offer...
    Sadly, the Magix Update Service (MUS) still exists with its defects. Xara GmbH is targeting a different market with its Bundle+:
    • MUS - perpetual licence at activation date version after MUS expiry.
    • Xara Bundle+ - Cloud+ & Pro+ on subscription at latest version, no Magix involvement.

I have said before, the current Bundle+ offer effectively costs nothing different to a MUS renewal.
    At the end of the subscription, you can revert to MUS and renew that or continue with Bundle+ (at twice the cost).

The point I am making is to try Bundle+ for a year is worth it for the non-Magix support and the access to quicker Updates and Patch Releases. MUS will get there possibly within the year so a continuation or transfer back to MUS loses little.
    We received a Patch Release within a fortnight, a record.

For the professional designer, the cost is easily absorbed in two or more projects. Cloud+ will become the exchange mechanism with a client as I have just demonstrated to myself with a new client.
    For the hobbyist, there is really not much to incentivise a MUS renewal annually so holding back and exploiting a Magix or Xara offer is recommended until there is a new (bedded-in) feature you must have.

For those not aware, Xara Cloud (+) is a Xara Designer Pro X (XPDX) running on a server with a browser from any device as the User Interface.
    It is still lacking in all XDPX features, which is where Pro+ come in as the latest Pro Desktop version is bundled with Cloud+ (as a subscription).

Xara probably has a contract with Magix not to directly compete against it and I think the subscription model is Xara's way around the legalities.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: What's the cheapest way to got a HiDPI version of Xara Designer? (Cloud not neede

yes, all that is understood but my point is... depending on the bundle+ uptake and the cash flows I wonder what sort of incentive there would be for Xara GmbH to pass [all] the new features down to to the MUS channel in the future...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

yes, all that is understood but my point is... depending on the bundle+ uptake and the cash flows I wonder what sort of incentive there would be for Xara GmbH to pass [all] the new features down to to the MUS channel in the future...
    Effort. For Xara GmbH to hive off a sub-master and manage that would almost double its costs. I have seen companies do this badly in the past.

What Xara currently does is limit the UI of the lower products but retain all the rendering, if not editing, capability of the core code.
    It necessarily does this to allow for cross-product inter-operation.
    It has also tried to do this for backward version compatibility.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Too bad Xara is not listening to its users. I will not pay for the product, not knowing which way it is developing. I do not need all these poorly made templates, I need the development of functionality for graphic design.

Wow it sure is confusing. I’m doing websites for now 4 non profits. A few animal shelters and a singer. There’s no way that financially I can look at any kind of monthly sub. Nov is my anniversary date and I’ll update WD, and may have to call it a day.
    What I like about Xara is an all in one solution. I’m in no need of a cloud based pgm, that’s why I left Adobe in the first place.
    As I understand this, the stand a lone pgms will now be Magix, and the XD+ will have the frequent updates and cloud accessibility. I found the stand a lone updates incremental. I might stop at WD 17 if it answers all my needs, and at the moment it does.
    If it wasn’t for @egg and @acorn, and Mr Priester I would have known nothing about updating, and at this point Xara and Magix are making this update thing quite daunting.
    I’ll have to see what November brings.

W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

DId not have time to read all the posts but why not just go with this.
    https://www.magix.com/ca/web/xara-we...a-web-designer

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I feel dizzy
    If it's physical try MECUZINE.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Is there any update on this?

I would like to BUY (not rent) a copy of the desktop application 4K compatible version of "Xara Designer" (i.e. "Xara Designer Pro+")

Is there any way to do so yet?

I have no user for any Cloud stuff.

J