Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Content Catalog Local Designs Gallery

Step two. Add your back-up files to the Local Designs Gallery:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	127368  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. Why do I need to add backed up files to the local gallery when it is already full of the originals which I downloaded from Xara's cloud?

Quote Originally Posted by xKnuckles View Post
    Thanks Egg. Why do I need to add backed up files to the local gallery when it is already full of the originals which I downloaded from Xara's cloud?
    xK, 'cos Xara in its "wisdom" chose to put it into your %localappdata% folder and not allow you to store where you want. So one day, your PC chokes and you decide to delete stuff from there not realising it was important as Xara didn't tell you.

Also when Xara gets its revisions wrong; the process is allowed to delete files stored there and, boy, Xara trashed it all away once.

Also when Xara decides to re-organised the folders, items seemingly vanish.

You are therefore not in control.
    So save as a fall-back.

Nobody's perfect.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Great advice acorn & egg - many thanks. I have done the backup (excellent pictures once again. ��)

Back to the original problem of a totally blank Local Design gallery.

I installed most of my Xara Desktop applications (XDA) under my MS W10 account name (pretend it is Acorn).
    That account got corrupted. I had to create a new one (pretend it is now Oak).

I chose not to de-activate my XDAs installed under Acorn and re-activate under Oak as I have had no indication or guidance from Xara that this is would work.
    I also suspect such an operation would force my version back to my purchase version.

In the end I copied Acorn's XDAs' Caches to Oak's XDAs' Caches and all was as it should be.

I hope this helps.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Variation on Miko's issue. All the choices are greyed out and there is no "Download all" option in my "new" version 17 Local Designs Gallery.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fvs8mz1l3...12.11.png?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    Variation on Miko's issue. All the choices are greyed out and there is no "Download all" option in my "new" version 17 Local Designs Gallery.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fvs8mz1l3...12.11.png?dl=0
    Windjamer, if I Ctrl+Click on a selected folder, right-clicking does not show the Download All option.

You have to select a blue folder or sub-folder and then right-click on that; Download All then appears.

Acorn

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Windjamer, if I Ctrl+Click on a selected folder, right-clicking does not show the Download All option.

You have to select a blue folder or sub-folder and then right-click on that; Download All then appears.

Acorn
    Thanks, Acorn. I tried numerous times using your suggestion without success. Then, I right-clicked on the name beside the blue folder and Download All appeared, not greyed out. Subsequently, when I right-clicked on any blue folder the full menu of options appeared. I can't begin to guess why that scenario would play out.

Thank you again for putting me on the right track.